Tuesday, 7 January 2014

About Ingrid's Crafts Corner

Welcome to my very first blog post!

I am very excited about this new prospect of sharing my creations, opinions and ideas with you. I am very new to blogging so am just going to pretend that I know what I'm doing and will happily share my wins and fails with you as time goes. Perhaps you have a blog already and remember your beginnings or you too are a new blogger and would like to join me on the journey of discovery...


I'd like to tell you a little bit about myself and about Ingrid's Crafts Corner. I was born in Slovakia, but grew up in the Czech Republic, am half Hungarian (Confusing? Wait, there's more..), moved to The UK over 11 years ago and fell in love with the country (not so much the English weather...) and stayed. I live in London with my partner Greg who is originally from the sunny Bahamas and our two little girls Isabella (2 yrs 6 m) and Chloe' (3 m) who were both born here in The UK. Here we are, our little international family! Trust me when I say, a Christmas meal has never been more interesting... start with our Eastern-European tradition of dipping a slice of an apple, a walnut and a slice of a garlic into a yummy honey followed by an English Nigella's turkey with roasted potatoes and all trimmings accompanied by a delicious Bahamian Rice and Peas, Sweet candied potatoes and Mac & Cheese. I like anything that is original and this is what it's about!

Which brings me to my Crafts Corner. The name is rather fitting due to the fact that I really have all my craft supplies in a corner of our modest maisonette. Hopefully one day we have a bigger house which gives us all our little corner where we can create magic. But for now, my modest corner it is and I love it so much! I don't have a hundreds of inks and punches as I haven't been cardmaking for a long time, but I do have a crafter's spirit that simply makes me want to create and surround myself with beautiful things. Hopefully this will encourage others who would like to start their own 'crafts corner' to give it a go and prove that you don't need a lot of fancy tools to create something amazing. So from now on I will try to post some of my own creations, be it a card, a painted picture, an art journal page or a crochet item for my baby. I will do my best to describe how I created them, what was used and make any suggestions on how you could re-create it should you wish. Please feel free to email me or simply leave a comment on any of my posts.

Thank you for stopping by! All the best!

Ingrid x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.