Thursday, 30 January 2014

'I believe in Angels' - journal page



Hello, friends and fellow crafters!

I hope you have had a fab day?

I thought to myself, as much as I love butterflies I'm slightly "over-butterflied". I know it's not a word, but it just popped into my mind :) I recently got the Jumbo Butterfly Trio and played with it so much I think I need to let it rest for a while. But that's me, if I like something I will play with it for a while. Guess what though?!!! I got myself a NEW toy!! It was my birthday on 29th January so I thought what the heck... and treated myself! Haaaappy Biiirthday to meee, happy birthday to meee... :)  I have found a bargain of all bargains on
Amazon and bought a set of 24 Big Brush Pens by Faber-Castell and I'm in LOVE! I already had a set of four and love them so much I have been itching to get more. They are very expensive though so when I saw the price I had to email the seller to double check. Greg is probably reading this and thinking "oh no, more stuff...!" That's right! There will be more and I will never stop buying new craft toys! Neveeeer! Mwuaahahaaaa! :) Of course, I had to try them out straight away on this piece and I will be playing with it more in the next few days. Here are some more pics of this page...


The background was done by painting a red and a yellow and an orange watercolour paint and left to dry under a plastic bag crinkled all over, a red spray through a vintage curtain (roses) and then I went around the roses and the crinkles made by the bag with my white Signo pen. Pretty, right? I almost felt like leaving it like that, but you know me! I just couldn't help myself and this is when my new pens arrived!
I mixed some of my homemade modeling paste with a yellow acrylic paint and used my flower stencil. When dry, I could play with the Pitt Artist Big Brush Pens. I added my golden acrylic paint here and there and over the edges, mod podged the angel (a cut out of a magazine) and used the same golden paint on him too. In the end, I used a brown Big Brush pen and a stencil to write my sentiment. I also used this brown pen for shading around the angel. All done! I hope you like it! If you do and want to see more of what I do and haven't done so already, please sign up so you don't miss a thing!

Thank you for stopping by! Best wishes,

Ingrid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.