Monday, 10 February 2014

A DOUBLE Window Shaker Card - Valentine's Day



Good morning!

Valentine's Day is only a few days away so I decided to make a card. I always like to take things a bit further so I have made a DOUBLE window shaker card, meaning you can see the inside of the card all the way through the front layers. I looked up 'Double window shaker cards' on Pinterest and nothing came up! Am I the only one who made one? I find it hard to believe, but I'd like to see some others so if you find one please let me know. All in all, I think it turned out really well and it was easier than you might think!

I cut out the heart in the middle of the doily and then cut
out the same heart through the white layer and the red layer in the front. I could have made it easier for myself if I used a die to make a hole in the middle, but I haven't got a heart shaped die and the circle die didn't seem to do it for me. So I distressed the edges of the heart on the inside instead, it gave it more character, I think. Otherwise I wanted to keep the card fairly simple, I'm not the 'tons of embellishments' kind of girl :) I like a simple beauty...

My card base is in red colour purchased from Handy Hippo, the front panel is a basic white smooth 240gsm card stock from WHSmith decorated with a red heart shaped doily, the double window, pink and red heart confetti and a black ribbon. I added a layer of the white card stock to the inside of the card and stamp 'LOVE' with the alphabet letters from the 'Happy Day' clear stamps set. I used strong red double tape and a dimensional tape to create the window card.

Let me know what you think! I'd love to hear from you.

I've entered this card to the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wed Challenge - Have a Heart
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Love to Scrap Challenge Blog - Who loves ya, Baby!
Melonheadz Friends - Valentine's/Love
4Crafty Girlz Challenge - Anything Goes
Kaboodle Doodles  - To My Sweetheart
Stamping with the Dragon - Love is in the air


Thank you for stopping by!

All the best,

Ingrid xxx




13 comments:

  1. i love shaker cards and yours is so clever and beautiful !! well done!!
    ♥Thanks for sharing at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog!♥
    Shuly dt
    (。◕‿◕。)
    P.S: please consider turning off word verification (✿◠‿◠)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Shuly!
      Many thanks for your kind comment. Also, thank you for pointing out the word verification,... I didn't realise it was on. All the best! Ingrid :) x

      Delete
    2. thank you Ingrid ! ♥‿♥

      Delete
  2. This is awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Cathy! Best wishes, Ingrid xxxx

      Delete
  3. Awesome shaker card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls Challenges! Angie-DT

    http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
    http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much, Angie! I'm glad you like it. All the best, Ingrid :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great card thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodle and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a fabulous shaker card and what a lovely heart.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Debby! All the best! Ingrid xxx

      Delete
  7. Very cool! I've never seen a double window shaker card before - will have to try one myself! Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Brenda! Thank you! I haven't seen one before either so I plan to make more of these myself. If you do make one I'd love to see it so let me know ;) It's good to know I have inspired someone out there! Thank you! All the best! Ingrid xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.