Tuesday, 11 February 2014

Altered Mini Playing Cards - week 7


Hi there!

Thank you for popping in to check out another one of my altered mini playing cards.

This one is inspired by the recent weather here in the UK. It's been nothing but raining solidly for about two months and no sign of the beautiful shiny fluffy snow! I know we don't get much of it here in the London area anyway, but this is a bit silly.I'd rather if it was snowing and cold than raining and cold. Also, all this rain is starting to cause floods so my thoughts are with all the lovely people battling the elements.

So, I made this card into a rainy cloudy sky. The card was slightly covered in Gesso, I kind of like the red dotted background peaking through, it adds to the texture, then I played with my fabulous Big Brush Pitt Pens. These were two shades of blue (146 & 247) and the grey (272). I stamped the clouds with Stazon, coloured them with my white Signo pen and covered them in silver glitter glue. I wrote 'Every cloud has a silver lining' to remind me that it's not all that bad and that at least I have a good excuse to stay in during these rainy days and craft instead ;) I didn't want to do anything else to the card as I really like how the background looks... like it's pouring!

I hope you like it too! All the best,

Ingrid xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.