Friday, 28 February 2014

Gypsy Dancer - mixed media artwork


Hello there!

I've been a busy bee in the last few days on and off working on my 'Gypsy Dancer'.

I simply drew her with a pencil, painted her with acrylics and added details with black and white artist pens. Then I decided to use my matte Mod Podge all over her and added more detail with the Big Brush pens. The skirt and the top is made of patterned papers and some white embroidered white lace trim. I stuck them on with a double sided tape and when I was happy with it all I 'Mod Podged' the lot down. I shaded the skirt are with the Walnut stain distress ink by Tim Holtz and stamped flowers, leaves, branches, butterflies etc with my black stazon. I added more detail to the background with my white Posca pen. In the end I added a Gold Glitter with the use of my clear Embossing Pen and my heat gun to her forehead to imitate a golden coin chain, some bangles to her wrists and arm, her a cross around her waist. I wanted to add golden hoops to her ears, but I thought... "step away now!" When I get glitter in my hands I find it hard to stop :)

More pics...




I hope you like my Gypsy Dancer! I had fun playing. Feel free to leave me a comment. I always like to hear from you!

Have a fabulous weekend!

All the best,

Ingrid xxx

2 comments:

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.