Friday, 14 February 2014

Kraft Love... Congratulations Card



 Hi there!

I have just found out that Simon Says Stamp Wed Challenge Blog are running a Kraft Cardstock challenge and I just could not resist making a quick card. I have picked a gorgeous glitter cardstock in beautifully subtle mint colour and combined it with a white cardstock,
white embellishments and my lovely kraft paper. I love how it turned out!
The card is a standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 size, the kraft paper a quarter of an inch smaller. I drew a simple feather on a white 240gsm cardstock, cut it out and cut into it to make the feathery bits (no idea what you call it, hehe). I used a white doily and the glitter paper strips, embossed the greeting in white (WOW embossing powder) and added a couple of tiny brads in a mint colour.
 I adhered the greeting on with a dimensional tape from Affixit. I felt like the feather wasn't enough, but didn't want to go wrapping strings and bows around so I cut three very thin strips of the white cardstock, curled them just like you would a ribbon (once!), then wrapped it around a pencil and used my heat gun to heat it up, took it off and let cool before adding it to my card. I secured it onto the card with my new Anita's Tacky Glue (this is fantastic btw! I've had it with the tape glues, they keep breaking.). I think this just added that little something to the final look. I wanted to keep the card fairly simple and sophisticated to suit the occasion. So, what do you think?

Thank you for stopping by! All the best,

Ingrid xxx

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a gorgeous card, love your beautiful feather

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Debby! I'm glad you like it! Best wishes,
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.