Monday, 10 February 2014

'Orange is the new Red' Valentine's Day Card




A miracle happened today - both of my girls were asleep at the same time after lunch so I quickly put together another Valentine's Day card.This one is my my darling Greg! I used a grey and an orange card stock for heart toppers, I embossed them all with my clear embossing powder. I also used a double sided sheet to punch out and cut out hearts and applied a dark grey and a iridescent silver ultra fine glitter to them. I stamped a few small hearts and my sentiment 'I love you' with my black Stazon. I wanted to create a swooping motion with my hearts on the front. The inside then says.. 'with all my heart' and completes the look of this one layer card. I popped up some of the hearts with a foam tape adhesive to give the card a little bit of dimension and that's it!

I LOVE the ORANGE HEARTS! I think it is a unique way to create more of a masculine card, not so much the traditional red hearts wherever you look, and I like that! What do you think? Check out some more pics...



I've entered this card to the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wed Challenge - Have a Heart
Simon Says Stamps Mon Challenge - We love Stamps!
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Love to Scrap Challenge Blog - Who loves ya, Baby!
Melonheadz Friends - Valentine's/Love
4Crafty Girlz Challenge - Anything Goes
Kaboodle Doodle Challenge - To My Sweetheart
Stamping with the Dragon - Love is in the air

Wish me luck! Thank you for visiting my blog! All the best, 

Ingrid xxx

19 comments:

  1. Lovely valentine card and I like your colours. Thank you for joining us at the SDD Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your comment and for stopping by! All the best, Ingrid x

      Delete
  2. A fabulous card Ingrid, a great design and stamping, I love the placement of the hearts and the stunning embossed ones!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Heather! I'm glad you like it and am pleased I could enter my card this week. All the best, Ingrid xx

      Delete
  3. Beautifully done. Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment, AJ! Best wishes, Ingrid xxx

      Delete
  4. What a great CAS card! Really makes a fabulous Valentine card! Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Tina! Thank you for popping in to leave your kind comment. Best wishes, Ingrid xxx

      Delete
  5. This is such a wonderful card! Love those sweet hearts. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hope you have a happy Valentine's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Meihsia! Thank you very much! Have a wonderful Valentine's Day too! Hugs, Ingrid xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card......thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Margreet! Thank you for your kind comment! All the best! Ingrid xx

      Delete
  8. Lovely Valentine's day creation!
    Thanks for playing along Kaboodle Doodles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Michelle! The pleasure's all mine. Best wishes,
      Ingrid xx

      Delete
  9. Beautiful card, love the layout and the orange is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Stamping with the Dragon. Hugs Tina (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Tina! All the best,
      Ingrid xxx

      Delete
  10. Hi Ingrid such a great card thanks for joining our challenge this month at challenges 4 everybody.
    Good luck
    Fiona dt. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to change up the colors. Thinking outside the box; super creative! Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends. We hope to see your work again really soon!

    Blessings,
    Tiffany DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tiffany! Thank you very much for your sweet comment. Much appreciated! All the best,
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.