Tuesday, 11 February 2014

'Phoenix' - abstract/mixed media art




Hello!

Today is my 'Drawing/Colouring' day, as promissed, so I'd like to show you what I've been playing with for a few days, on and off, as time allowed. Isabella and I were playing with bubble painting and watercolours last week (Bubble Painting post) which was great fun and I made myself a couple of backgrounds on a watercolour paper too. You can see one of them below. It somehow reminded me of a Phoenix so I went ahead and briefly sketched one within the lines of the watercolour background. Then I used my

Big Brush Pens (grey 272, blue 146, skin 132), my black Muji pen and my Caran D'Ache watercolour pencils to create the Phoenix. I've always been fascinated by this mythical bird so this is probably not the only one you will see on my blog :)

The original watercolour background
Please feel free to leave a comment to let me know how you like this piece and don't forget to sign up for an email or join my site.

Thank you for stopping by! All the best,

Ingrid xxx

1 comment:

  1. Wow it is amazing what you did with these colour splashes. So nice your Phoenix. Lovely artwork.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.