Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Simple Beauty - card




Hello!

I have been so sick and now my poor babies are sick... totally my fault! I have had a sniffly nose, coughing, high temperature...the lot! So as you can imagine I needed to get my mojo back. Today was a gorgeous sunny day and I decided to make a card in pretty colours.

It is a one layer card, simply embossed with an embossing folder and stamps that came free with the Papercraft Essentials Magazine.Thank you for that! I love it!
I dry embossed a white cardstock, standard 8.5" x 5.5" size, and used my Carran D'Ache aqua pencils to colour in the raised areas. It is simple to do, just hold your pencil almost laying down sliding over the raised areas. I always use two shades of each colour to give the overall coloured look more depth.



I used my black Stazon to stamp the sentiment and two butterflies on the inside of the card.

I wanted to keep the card simple so as opposed to using any embellishments I accentuated the butterfly and the flowers with Glossy Accents by Ranger.I think it gave it just the perfect amount of 'bling'.

I will be sending this card to my dear friend who I love very much, she's amazing... I won't tell you to whom, I want it to be a surprise! :)

I have just found out that I have been picked in Top 3 in a cardmaking challenge over at Kaboodle Doodle Challenge Blog (click on the link to see the post) so I'm feeling really chuffed, hehe :)

I will be entering this card to the following challenges:

Craftitude - Anything Goes or Music Themed
4Crafty Girlz - Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Anything Goes/Swirls & Pearls
Eureka Stamps - Add a Butterfly
Great Impressions - Flowers, flowers evwerywhere!

Thank you for stopping by! All the best!

Ingrid xxx

18 comments:

  1. I love the gentle colours you have chosen, it looks lovely, perfect for Spring! I hope you're feeling better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Josie!
    Thank you very much, I'm glad you like it! I chose to use pencils instead of inks to create a more subtle look. I can't wait to shake this cold off, thank you. I have seen your fantastic needle case over at your blog! LOVE it! I will hop over to browse around more! You are a talented lady :)
    All the best! Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the soft colors and the pop of blue on the butterfly. Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Carolyn! Thank you so much! I enjoyed making it.
      Ingrid x

      Delete
  4. Stunning CAS card, thank you for joining us at Creative Moments
    Alex x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Many thanks, Alex, the pleasure's all mine! Best wishes,
      Ingrid x

      Delete
  5. This is SO pretty! I LOVE the gorgeous coloring of the embossing--such a fabulous idea! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! :) HUGS and have a wonderful rest of the week! Mynn xx

    PS: I'd love for you to hop over to my blog--I've got some blog candy up for grabs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mynn! I hope you are well? Thank you very much! I hope you have a good one too! I'll hop over now, thank you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moc krásne a decentné.Som na Teba hrdá moja najmilejšia dcéra....Mamina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful one layer card...I don't think I could ever do one layer! Thanks for playing along with Eureka this week...hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Emily! Many thanks! I think embossing folders are great for creating dimension and therefore perfect for one layer card. I'm glad you like this one. Best wishes,
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card, thanks for joining us at craftitude, good luck
    Caroline dt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Caroline! All the best,
      Ingrid :)

      Delete
  11. The coloring on this embossing makes this card a beauty.

    Mary Anne, Great Impression DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah, thanks! I'm glad you like it. Best wishes,
      Ingrid x

      Delete
  12. This is a gorgeous card!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Eureka Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many thanks, Cheryl! I'm glad you like it. Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.