Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Altered Mini Playing Card -week 12



Good morning and Happy Hump Day, lovely people!

I'm here with the 12th altered mini playing card today. My partner took the laptop to a super-important meeting today so I'm having to post from my iPod. More importantly, today's post and the mini card are inspired by nature and it is more about the idea behind the design that the image itself. 

Spring is nearly here everything is blooming and looking gorgeous and green. Just this morning, we saw a fluffy squirrel in our garden trying very hard to pull something out of the grass. She pulled so hard she tumbled backwards, it was so funny to watch her fight for her breakfast :) It is only my assumption that it was a 'she' btw.. 

From every tree or a plant to the tiniest bee, they all play an important part for our environment and are responsible for our wellbeing ad well as our existence. We depend on them. Without trees there would be no oxygen and without bees there would be no trees and plants. The entire fauna and flora are here and serve a purpose and it is the natural cycle that needs to remain so that we do. Which brings me to the point. We all, the human kind, supposedly the most intelligent on the planet, have a responsibility to all those creatures and our flora.

I, whether from the personal or the crafter's point of you
, always try to be frugal, use only as much as necessary, reuse where possible, recycle and up-cycle and in general be sensible. I will never understand why someone thinks it's economically or ecologically efficient to die cut a small piece from the middle of a 6"x6" or stamp there and cut it out or similar. Or for example, there has been a craze about using a beeswax in arts and crafts lately. I could just about understand that someone might like to use it in a piece of art that will last but why it is important to melt a pot of it to create a tiny embellishment for a card or to go as far as to dip a piece of paper into it to create a 'soft feel' for a card that will end up in a bin I will never understand. There are alternatives! The bees are exploited enough to satisfy our needs and wants and for the entire craft world to start using beeswax on their cars as well and be encouraged to do so by media is just a step too far, in my opinion. Just think about it and, if you do decide I use it, then make sure it is ethically sourced. That's all. Easy! 

I'm not here to preach, I'm here taking the opportunity to remind all of us, including myself, that our planet is the ONLY one we have so to be sensible on daily basis and think of our wellbeing, wellbeing of all around us and wellbeing of our future generations. Lets remind our card recipients and our fellow crafters that it is the right thing to recycle, up cycle and reuse where possible and in general give a helping hand to the nature so that it can do its job for us efficiently. For starters, I intend to get or make a stamp with the recycling sign and put that on the back of my cards. 

Don't forget to spread the word and feel free to leave a comment. I would like to hear your opinion on the matter. 

I hope you have a great day! Thank you for stopping by! 

Ingrid xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.