Friday, 14 March 2014

Art Journal Page #2



Hello and happy Friday!

The weekend's here!!! Today was filled with fun and excitement. Isabella got to spray all my flowers and plants in the garden and get messy, Chloe' got her first go in a jumperoo and went nuts in it...so funny! I got a chance to get my fingers inky and played with my small art journal.

This page is all about a friendship... it says "A friend is someone you can do nothing with and enjoy it."

I had to gesso the page as it had some print on it and it wasn't the look I was going for... I also inbedded some netting that came with our delicious oranges :) into the gessoed pages to create some texture. I just looove texture and can't get enough of it! Then
I played with my Dylusions sprays which gave it the beautiful vibrant colours. At some point I sprayed over a star mask and used the ghoasting technique with some of my stencils. I doodled with my black and white Posca pens and this is when I discovered that you can create splatters with them!! I love this effect! I held the nozzle of the pink spray firmly and created some pink splatters instead of spraying. It needed something else so I added a yellow stripy washi tape to the edges and a bit of Glossy Accents on the small star. I used the black Posca pen to write the motto.

Here are some more pics...





I hope you like this one! I had a certain vision in my head before I started this page, but just went with it. It is slightly different to what I have imagined and I need more practice, but I quite like it... anyway, don't be shy and let me know your thoughts, share your tips or just say hi, if you like :)

Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

Ingrid xxx

2 comments:

  1. hello Ingrid, it is so cool page :-) I just love it. The idea with net from oranges is great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martina! Thank you very much, I'm glad you like it. I had a great fun making it :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.