Thursday, 20 March 2014

'Deadly Beauty' - art journaling



Hey there!

Five posts in one day... what's happened, you might ask... :) I played with my new Dylusions kit and created a page spread that I'd like to share with you.

I don't know about anywhere else, but mushroom picking at the end of summer is big in the Czech Republic and the surrounding states. I know it's not the time yet, but I remembered the tradition and just had to paint them. If you ever do go mushroom picking be sure to know which ones are eatable. There are three categories... the ones that you can eat and are delicious, there are some that you could eat, but don't taste nice so we don't pick them and then there are the ones that are poisonous so we just admire their beauty. My mum says 'all mushrooms are eatable, but some only once' :) hehe... It's amazing how nature works sometimes, the most poisonous mushrooms are usually the ones that are the most beautiful so don't be tempted! This is what my page is about. Here's how it was made...


I started with Calypso Teal, Pure Sunshine & Dirty Martini to colour the background. My handmade stencils come handy when art journaling. I had an idea in my head and decided to use my 'sprig/flower branch' stencil and the 'dots' stencil with some water, i.e. ghoasting. This gave the background wonderful texture. I then sprayed over the branch stencil with the Dirty Martini spray to complete my 'woodland'. As you might know, Dylusions sprays react with other media so I went ahead and sketched and cut out my mushrooms and glued them down with Bindex by Pebeo. I was careful not the smudge the surrounding areas with it. I used my acrylics to paint my shrooms. I doted here and there to create the illusions of flowers and painted some grassy areas. In the end, when everything was nice and dry, I doodled with my white Posca pen, stamped my words with Stazon and my alphabet letters. In the end I made splatters with my white Posca pen and that was it. Masterpiece completed! :)

I absolutely love the Dylusions journal, it is sturdy and with the amount of water I used on the Manila cardstock it did not buckle at all. The creases are barely there. It didn't leak much through the binding. I love the size, so much space to play with and the thickness is just amazing. It will be my best friend forever... ok, that's a bit geeky, but I can't fault it for now. If I ever change my mind I will let you know. The sprays are just gorgeous and so vibrant. I have ordered myself some bottle misters and will dilute some for a lighter application and they will last me longer that way. I also intend to mix myself some white acrylic paint with a bit of water and maybe used that through a stencil. In theory, the Dylusions should peak through it and this will create an amazing effect!

If you have any questions then feel free to email me. Feel free to leave a comment or three. Thank you for stopping by!

Best wishes,

Ingrid xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.