Wednesday, 26 March 2014

'Hello Friend' card



Hello Friend!

We're half way through the week! London is back to its usual rainy self and I am sick as a dog again! I woke up with a worst cold or a flue or whatever it is and I am not having fun! There's nothing wrong with making a quick and easy card for a friend.

I simply embossed a piece of pink Core'dinations cardstock with a Darice embossing folder, sanded down the raised area and matted it onto a black cardstock and adhered to the white base tent fold card. I squeezed the paper doily in the middle to create the flower effect and adhered it to the card. This is when the fun bit comes... I die cut a scallop circle and ran it through my Xyron sticker machine and stuck a butterfly tissue paper on top. I saw the tissue paper at Tesco's a while back and used it on one of my journal pages. It is such a pretty paper, but it is hard to stick it onto a card without making crinkles unless that's what you are looking for. This is where the Xyron machine comes really handy. I'm rather pleased with myself for thinking of that and wanted to share the tip with you in case you ever want to use a tissue paper on your cards :) I also die cut the sentiment out of a black cardstock, adhered it and went over it with Glossy Accents. Simple and pretty card for when you want to say a quick hello to a friend.

I hope you like it. I will be entering this card into the following challenges:

Craftitude - Anything Goes or Add a Brad/Eyelet
Crafty Girlz Challenges - Anything Goes
Eureka - No Square Cards

Thank you for visiting! All the best,

Ingrid xxx

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful!!

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.