Friday, 28 March 2014

'Hello Spring' - art journal page



Hello!

I have been so excited by the prospect of warmer weather and sunny days I strolled out in my top and a jumper and now I'm sick! It really underestimated the English weather and now I'm paying for it. Although I have seen a few teenagers on a sunny day out in vests and their way-too-short denim shorts... well, omitting the fact that they were not dressed appropriately according to their age and totally 'sexualised' the whole idea of popping out in such outfit below 20*C is on the border of imbecilic!

So anyway, I was so excited with the prospect of Spring the other day
and in order to welcome it I made myself a pretty rainbow background on in my art journal using my diluted Dylusions sprays (I needed to test them, hence the rainbow) and went over it with Gesso which made them pastel. When half dried I closed and opened it which made an imprint of colours onto each other, pretty effect. Then I used my large flour stamp and Gesso to stamp here and there over the whole spread. Isabella enjoyed helping with this :) The moment I finished the background the weather turned from sunny to dropping massive hails... I mean, really?!! So I closed it and went to do something else... I got back to it today and started doodling my flowers all over, first with my black Posca pen, then with the white one. In the end I went over the flowers and the border with my Caran D'Ache watercolour pencils. I used the same colour that was underneath as I didn't really want them different colour, but I wanted them to pop. I also found a glitter glue in my stash so I played with that too a bit.

Sometimes I don't have a lot of time to create a masterpiece, but still fancy being creative. I'm sure you can relate in this instance and would agree that doodling is a great way to do that. It doesn't take long and uses minimal amount of supplies and virtually no mess.

Here are some more pics of the masterpiece ;) The glitter glue was still wet when taking the pics...






























oooh, I have just spotted a brush on the way to the kitchen and just quickly went over those flowers with a bit of water and made them pop even more... should have done that before taking all of the above pics... oh and look how the wet glitter glue is picking up the dylusions from the background so now all the droplets in the border have their own colour too! I love happy accidents :)
My second lot of pics...




I hope you like the page spread and hope that I encouraged you to be creative even if you don't have a lot of time. At the end of the day, it doesn't have to be a masterpiece, it is for you to relax and there are no rules to art journaling so just HAVE FUN!

Take care,

Ingrid xxx

1 comment:

  1. This is marvellous. I can relate to the "don't really have time" to create...but this really is a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.