Thursday, 20 March 2014

Monoprinting with Acrylic Block - card #3 (Lilly)



Hi!

I'm here with the card no 3 made using the monoprinting with an acrylic block technique for the Take It Make It Challenge over at the Craft Stamper Magazine. I have explained everything about this challenge and about my cards HERE and you will find the other two cards there too so have a read.

I absolutely love the effect the acrylics with the block created here! I started by applying my black acrylic paint on the block and took a print through a stencil designed by my new crafty friend Martina Huppertova (visit her website to download the design so you can cut out your own). Then I applied my silver acrylic paint to the block, took a print through my own 'stripes' stencil (7 Super Simple Handmade Stencils), but used a separate paper to pull it. The card front was made with what was left under my stripy stencil and I loved the look so this one was done! I let it dry.


The card was finished with a gorgeous purple ribbon, a banner sentiment stamped with my Stazon and decorated with white pears, Stazon and silver paint also on the edges. I mounted the front panel onto a white cardstock, a tent fold. This monoprint was perfect for a sympathy card and look at the great texture the paint gave it! I find it difficult to take a good picture of a card with any shine on it so if you are smarter than me or know something that I don't about taking a better one then please let me know. Thank you!

Let me know what you think, I'd love to hear from you!

All the best,

Ingrid xxx


13 comments:

  1. The color combo is so simple but has such a dramatic effect! Amazing. Thanks for joining in with us at the Take It Make It Challenge. Love all your entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, I'm pleased you notice the drama, that's what I was going for. I'm feeling good now, thank you :)
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another very different image from a print, love the colour as well, thanks for sharing with us at the Take It Make It challenge. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Lilly is my favourite flower :) I just had to use the stencil and worked a magic! i'm glad you like it
      best wishes, Ingrid x

      Delete
  4. Wow Ingrid, you are on a roll! Another beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this month in the Take it, Make it challenge.
    Nikki K. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. :D You made me giggle, Nikki! Thank you!
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! This could be my favourite...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! the picture doesn't capture the real beauty due to the shiny texture. Thank you.
      Ingrid x

      Delete
  7. Really like this....great print! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper blog challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow this is so different and i'm gonna use it again lush!!! x
    Thanx for joining in the Craft Stampers Make it Take it challenge!
    Ger
    Craft Stamper DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Ger! I'm glad you like it.
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful Ingrid!!
    Thanks so much again for sharing with us over at Craft Stampers take it make it challenge
    Tracy xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.