Thursday, 20 March 2014

Monoprinting with acrylic block - card #1 (Butterflies)



Good morning!

I have been busy the last couple of days preparing for the Take It Make It Challenge for the Craft Stamper Magazine. I would love to win so as you can imagine I have put a real bit of effort into making my prints with the help of the acrylic block. I love making artsy cards and I had so much fun making these cards! If you haven't tried this technique you should definitely give it a go. 

I've made these cards exclusively for this challenge and will not be entering them anywhere else. The rules say 'multiple entries are fine' as long as you follow the theme. One thing that you might learn about me is that I am painfully indecisive and I've made so made so many gorgeous background (click here to see all the backgrounds) and now some cards I simply can't decide which one to enter. So I thought, what the heck, I'll enter them all! Well, I have four and I will tell you a little bit about each one of them in a separate post just to make it more special ;)

This background was made with the help of my large acrylic block. I used Big Brush pens to scribble here and there on the block, spritzed it with water and took a print. Then I used one of the Jumbo Trio Butterflies stamps by Stampendous, my mesh stamp which is from who-knows-where :) and my black Big Brush pen to stamp it with. I sponged the edges with the Walnut Stain Distress Ink by Tim Holtz and that was my background done. I used some laces and handmade dictionary roses with some pearls and some swirls to embellish the card and attached the panel to a chocolate cardstock that I bought from Handy Hippo. I inserted a white panel to write on to the inside. 

I hope you like my butterfly card. Thank you for stopping by! More cards are coming today so keep an eye out! 

Best wishes, 
Ingrid xxx







16 comments:

  1. I love the softness of the background but those flowers really caught my eye! Lovely card, thanks so much for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge. All your cards are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me blush, Renee! Thank you ever so much for all your kind comments. Hope you have a great day! Best wishes,
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so beautiful and the flowers are great, thanks for sharing with us at the Take It make It challenge, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Elizabeth! I'm glad you like the card. Best wishes,
      Ingrid x

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card Ingrid ..... so delicate. Thank you for joining in with the Take It Make It Challenge .... good luck!
    Linda xx
    Craft Stamper Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda! Thank you for stopping by to leave your kind comments, All the best,
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ingrid, this is stunning. Beautifully vintage. Thank you for joining us in the Take it, Make it challenge this month, good luck.
    Nikki K. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many thanks for your kind comment, Nikki.
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the vintage look of this card! Thanks for joining us at Take It Make It challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Ingrid, such a nice take on the theme! The vintage look is set off perfectly with those wonderful flowers! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper blog challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your kind comment, Trish! All the best,
      Ingrid x

      Delete
  10. Very elegant, love your colours x
    Thanx for joining in the Craft Stampers Make it Take it challenge!
    Ger
    Craft Stamper DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very elegant, you have done a brilliant job with your monoprinting Ingrid!!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Craft Stampers take it make it challenge
    Tracy xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many thanks for your kind comment, Tracy. Best wishes,
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.