Thursday, 20 March 2014

Monoprinting with Acrylic Block - card #2 (together forever)



Hi!

I'm here with the card no 2 made using the monoprinting with an acrylic block technique for the Take It Make It Challenge over at the Craft Stamper Magazine. I have explained everything about this challenge and about my cards HERE so have a read.

My second card is made with acrylic paints. The background is a bit of a happy accident as it started being light green, then had some stenciled design on it and I was about to chuck it when I went over my acrylic block with a black paint and took a print. I liked the leathery texture and I decided to work with it. I added another print of a red paint and it looked great. Dark and gorgeous. I took my silver acrylic paint and went over the edges using my finger to finish it off.

The heart was made the same way, just using other colours, mainly red and black. Then I simply used my fingers to tear the heart shapes, squashed it, glued them together on the card front, stapled over them in three places, stamped my sentiment on a separate piece of cardstock and cut it out. It needed to go with the whole look so used my Stazon and some paint to go over the edges. I wanted to keep this quite simple as it has a plenty of texture already. I love how this card turned out. It is a perfect masculine card, I love grunge!!

What do you think?

Thank you for visiting! Two more cards to go so don't forget to check them out!

Ingrid xxx


14 comments:

  1. I love grunge too and this is a great example as to how to do it beautifully. Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, I'm so glad you like it. Best wishes, Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is yummy as well and so very different from the butterflies and flowers, thanks again for sharing with us at the Take It Make It challenge. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I love contemporary cards :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A completely different and equally stunning entry, well done.
    Nikki K. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nikki! All the best,
      Ingrid x

      Delete
  6. And I love the grungy look of this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you do, Shirley! Many thanks.
      Ingrid x

      Delete
  7. love the ripped hearts! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper blog challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Trish! I enjoyed making this card.
      Ingrid x

      Delete
  8. pooh this is lush!!! love it all x
    Thanx for joining in the Craft Stampers Make it Take it challenge!
    Ger
    Craft Stamper DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your projects are stunning Ingrid!!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Craft Stampers take it make it challenge
    Tracy xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.