Thursday, 20 March 2014

Monoprinting with Acrylic Block - card #4 (Wild Card)



Hi!

I'm here with the card no 4, last but not least, made using the monoprinting with an acrylic block technique for the Take It Make It Challenge over at the Craft Stamper Magazine. I have explained everything about this challenge and about my cards HERE and about the other cards on my blog so have a browse.

Now this really is a 'wild card'! This one is the craziest out of all of them, but I quite like it! I usually don't like busy cards and this one certainly is, but there is something about it that made me go for it.

Again, I used the same technique, printing on a cardstock using the block as a platform for my acrylic paint and using my handmade stencils to pull some interesting prints. I used two cards to make one front panel. one is the actual front panel and the other was used to make the flower. You can find most of my bacgrounds that i have created for this project HERE.



I used a heat embossed button (Gold Glitter embossing powder) and a golden string threaded through the flower to create the focal point on my card. The sentiment was stamped on a white cardstock, cut to size 7 shape and distressed with Stazon. The edges of the front panel were distressed with black Stazon. I adhered the front panel to my black cardstock and inserted a white panel to write on to the inside. Ta dah!
I hope you don't go blind looking at my mish-mash and hope you appreciate my artistic input :) Feel free to comment on any of my cards that I have posted today and don't forget to join the site or sign up for email updates, if you already haven't done so.

Thank you for stopping by!

All the best and have a great day!

Ingrid xxx


18 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the bold colors and that flower. Thanks for joining in at the Take It Make It Challenge. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks, Renee! Bold indeed! :) Best wishes,
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely print with texture, very bright! Tahnks for sharing with us at the Take It Make It Challenge. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks for your kind comment. All the best, Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ingrid. I think the beautiful bright colours really make your black stamping stand out! A great combination.
    Thank you for joining us at Craft Stamper Make It, Take It Challenge.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning collection of cards Ingrid .... and all so different. Thanks for joining in with the Take It Make It Challenge .... good luck!
    Linda xx
    Craft Stamper Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda! Thank you so much. I'm glad you like them.
      Ingrid x

      Delete
  7. Bold and beautiful. Good luck with your entries in the Craft Stamper Take it, Make it challenge this month.
    Nikki K. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nikki! Thank you very much!
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  9. ... or maybe this one! You've obviously enjoyed this technique! Thanks for sharing with us at Take It Make It challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have indeed! I love artsy cards! Thanks,
      Ingrid x

      Delete
  10. Great dramatic card, the bold black printing is a fab focal point! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper blog challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, this was such a fun technique! Thank you for the inspirations, Trish!
      All the best, Ingrid x

      Delete
  11. Oh you again brilliant :D love the look of this, really enjoyed looking at all your entries x
    Thanx for joining in the Craft Stampers Make it Take it challenge!
    Ger
    Craft Stamper DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. :D yep, me again! hehe... many thanks for all of your sweet comments.
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow great colour combo, it really pops!!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Craft Stampers take it make it challenge
    Tracy xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Tracy! Thank you very much,
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.