Monday, 3 March 2014

'Hello Friend' ...this is for you Mynn! :)



 Good morning, lovely people!

I've been inspired by a sketch I have seen on On A Stampage blog for a challenge on 52 (Christmas) Card Throwdown and just had to make a card! The moment I saw it a design popped into my head and I just had to go with it. I don't know about you, but Christmas is a special time for me so I leave the fun of Christmas card making for then. I therefore made mine into a 'Hello' card following the sketch.

I wanted to play and experiment a bit. This is what I did...


I took a standard 8.5" x 5.5" base and scored & folded at 4.1/4". Then I took a 4" x 5.1/4" white card panel and die cut the three circles into it. I pulled out 4 of my Big Brush Pens (104, 127, 154 & 162), a brush, water, my mesh stamp. I went ahead with coloring my stamp with pens mixing the colours in between on the stamp. I stamped over the die cut panel. When these pens are dry they are permanent so you can play with water afterwards and it won't ruin your stamping. I applied the same colours on top using the paint brush and water instead. This gave it the watercolour look. I used Anita's Tacky Glue to adhere the acetate sheet under the die cut section and popped it all up with a foam tape. I die cut the sentiment using the Cuttlebug die (Friends Forever) and adhered it to the center of the card slightly overlapping the window. The card was finished off with some glossy accents on the sentiment and stars sequins around the window. All done!

So what do you think?

I can't enter this card into the Christmas card challenge mentioned above, but I can enter it to the following challenges:

Simply Create Too - Shop in Your Stash
Totally PaperCrafts - Make It shine
Craftitude - Anything Goes or Hit the Right Note
Crafty Girls Challenges - Anything Goes

Wish me luck! Have a fab week!

Thank you for stopping by!

Ingrid xxx

10 comments:

  1. Ingrid: Your card is beautiful!! Love it. Glad you joined our "Use Your Stash Challenge #56" and hope you enter in all our Simply Create Too upcoming challenges also.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane! I'll look forward to the next challenge,
      Ingrid

      Delete
  2. Hi, A beautiful card and image, love the colours too. Thank you for joining us for challenge 12 at Crafty Girls Challenges good luck and we hope to see you again soon.

    Hugs Erin DT and Co Owner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin! Many thanks for your kind comment,
      Ingrid x

      Delete
  3. Neat card!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls Challenges!

    http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
    http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic card loving the colours of the card. Thankyou for joining our challenge at craftitude this fortnight.
    Good luck
    Fiona dt. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fiona! Thank you very much! Ingrid xx

      Delete
  5. Wow, great card! I love the colors and the background is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing at Simply Create Too!

    Hugs, Marja
    Simply Create Too DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marja! Many thanks for your kind comment. I'm so glad you like it. Best wishes,
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.