Monday, 10 March 2014

My first 'Dylusional' attempt...

Hi there!

~Just a quick post... I have received my Dylusions sprays this weekend and I have just had a moment to test them out! I made a quick background and intend to play with it more later on. I got to try out the handmade stencils that we talked about the other day (7 Super Simple Handmade Stencils) and my fingers are all inky, yay!

May I say, the lovely Dyan Reaveley makes it all look so easy, but there is a knack to it and I defo need some more practice. Also, this background was created on a 300gsm cardstock, but it's not a watercolour paper. It didn't curl too much, but to some degree. I wanted to test this one out as I have a lot of it and use it for making cards. It's not too bad, but I will have to try the watercolour paper next time in order to tell what's best. My guess is the latter.

I used the Funky Fuchsia, Calypso Teal and After Midnight sprays for this background, layered, tested the 'ghoasting' technique and layered some more. In the end I doodled with my white Posca pen and outlined some of the designs. It was so much fun I can't wait to try some more things. The colours are sooo gorgeous and vibrant! Love, love, loooove....!

I will be making a card using the emboss resist technique with the sprays so sign up, if you haven't done so already, so you don't miss a thing! Exciting times!

Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by,

Ingrid xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.