Monday, 10 March 2014

Same embossing folder, two artsy cards!



Hello, lovely people!

I've made a couple of cards that I'd like to share with you... They are both made with the same Cuttlebug folder (Friends Forever), achieving a similar look, but made using different supplies and methods, one porous surface, one non-porous... you decide which method you prefer! 

The top panel of the 'It's Your Day' card was embossed with the folder, painted with Gesso, then coloured with the combo of water, Walnut Stain ink & blue Versacolour ink and in the end sanded down on top to accentuate the embossing. I distressed the edges of the panel with my scissors, matted on top of a light blue cardstock, added a light blue lace & distressed the edges of this panel too. I adhered it to a standard 8.5" x 5.5" tent fold white cardstock base. In the end I die cut the sentiment with the Cuttlebug die, adhered it & applied Glossy Accents.


The second card was made with a cream cardstock. I know, unusual colour right now, but I thought I'd try it. I embossed the panel with the same folder and applied the combination of browns, reds india inks and a spritz of water on my craft sheet. This created the gorgeous watercolour look. I went over the embossing with my brown Big Brush Pen by Faber-Castell and distressed the edges with my scissors. I have this gorgeous wide peach coloured lace and thought it matched the look of the focal image and decided to wrap the card in it. Then used some off-cuts to create the banners with a natural twine and a bronze coloured flower brad to finish it off. The 'Congratulations' sentiment was stamped with Walnut stain Distress Ink and sprayed with water and let it to bleed. Unusual I thought, but why not! 

I hope you like them. Feel free to share your thoughts! 

All the best, 

Ingrid xxx 

p.s.: Provo Crafts or any other brands mentioned in this post (or any other) are not paying me to showcase their products. I'm just having fun! 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the first one especially, I really like how you've finished off the cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.