Friday, 25 April 2014

Altered Mini Playing Cards - weeks 16 & 17



                                                                     
Hi!

Today you get not one but two altered mini playing cards from me! I missed out on making one last week due to the disastrous leak that we had to repair. I am now back in the game and getting crafty again :)

The first card
was covered in a book paper, sponged with the Walnut stain Distress Ink, smeared in Gesso here and there and sprayed with the Calypso Teal Dylusions spray diluted with water. The hearts were torn from a book paper that was covered in my handmade glaze. I made it by mixing my red acrylic paint with gloss/semi-gloss Bindex. You can use hyour Mod Podge or similar to achieve the same result, it's easy. I adhered them over a strip of a gauze with the Anita's Tacky Glue and stapled them down so they never come apart ;) I made some white splatters with my white Posca pen.

The second card was covered in Gesso and a piece of a gauze attached to it, sprayed with Dirty Martini (you know, every time I write the name I fancy one! It's probably because I don't drink nowadays!) and Pure Sunshine (Dylusions), then I added some light blue glitter frosting paste by Glitzcraft and adhered the tiny sequin stars with Glossy Accents. I doodled a bit with my black Muji pen (0.5). And then... and theeeen...I used the gorgeous Cosmic Shimmer Watercolour paints to add a bit of shimmer and a touch of bright colour. They are amazing!!! I intend to make a card with them so keep an eye out!

If you are a newbie to my blog and have no idea what it is that I'm up to here then have a little read here where I tell you more about my teeny tiny altered playing cards.

If you already haven't then join the blog or sign up for regular updates to see more of these babies. Thank you for stopping by, all the best!

Ingrid xxx


3 comments:

  1. Ingrid, Your altered cards are fantastic. Love the textures and array of colours and layers. Thanks for leaving a comment for me at Cheery Lynn, it was really appreciated. Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Julie! I love your work so it was nothing but deserved. I saw it in my feed and just had to pop in and let you know. best wishes,
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if my comment went through or not so I'll post again. I love all the texture on your cards and the book page hearts are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.