Thursday, 24 April 2014

CASE Study DT Challenge - card #1 (Darlene DeVries as my 'muse')

Hello!

Exciting times! The fabulous CASE Study Challenge Blog are in search of a few new design team members and as you know me I am so up for it!

We're being asked to re-create a card made by our personal 'muse'. Well, I have a few so I will be entering a few cards, but the first card I have made is inspired by Darlene DeVries's card. Darlene has a youtube channel full of amazing cards where she shares very useful and efficient techniques. You can watch the pro creating her fabulous card here:
 


I used the same techniques creating my card with one difference - I used my Dylusions to create the gorgeous watercolour look on the background and used water ('ghoasting') to create the splatters instead. The stencil I used is handmade by moi! Note to self... buy more stencils! Or, make more! :) Something I realised just now... if you were to use Gesso on your cardstock and used a PVA glue to make splatters and then colorised the background you could then rub the glue off  once dry and would get the same effect. The Dylusions would not work as well on a Gesso-ed surface though so you'd need a more permanent solution like Gelatos or similar, maybe scribbling Big Brush pens on a craft sheet spritzed with water and 'smooshing' the card in it would work really well. I'll give it a go one day and will let you know what works best if using a PVA and Gesso as an alternative to Darlene's technique. Sometimes we just have to think outside the box ;)
Well, here's my version of the gorgeous card:




I used a white WOW! embossing powder, my Hero Arts 'Thank You' stamp, the gorgeous Calypso Teal and Pink Fuchsia Dylusions sprays, a white and a black cardstock, a 300gsm watercolour paper by Crawford and Black and a silver string.

I hope you like it! Thank you for stopping by and stayed tuned as I have some more exciting news for you!!!!

Ingrid xxx

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic card and technique! I remember the original cards, you made this style shine again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweet comment, Iwona! I'm so glad you like it! :) It means a lot when it comes from such a pro! Have a great day!
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ingrid! I love what you did - so happy I could inspire you. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Darlene! Thank you for taking time to comment. You are very talented and it means a lot to hear this from you. Thank you! Ingrid x

      Delete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.