Sunday, 6 April 2014

CAS(E) This Sketch #71


Hello!

Guess what?! I have some more cards for you today! Excited? :)

Here's the thing... there is an exciting challenge going on over at the CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge Blog (#71)

This was  looking way too artsy and too tempting for me not to make this card so I went ahead and made one. Well, in all honesty, I made two! This challenge blog is based on Clean and Simple cards and as I was playing with all the artsy goodness and got carried away and added this and added that and by the time the card was done it was not looking very 'simple'. Here is the first attempt that I will not be entering, but want to share with you, because I really like it.


I love the colour combo and wanted to stick to that, but make it a little simpler so I slept on it and made another one this morning. I knew I wanted to keep the colour combo - silver, yellow and black and white cardstock.

I went ahead and started on the card #2.

I started with diluting my yellow acrylic paint and making splatters (everywhere, including my floor, door and whatever else was in a way...). Then I sprinkled my silver embossing powder in some areas and heated it up. The front panel got more artistic treatment from me by splattering over with my black Posca Pen. I also stamped and embossed my 'Congratulations' sentiment on a black cardstock, popped a couple of silver brads in after shaping the ends and adhered it to the front panel. I matted the front panel onto a black cardstock and then with pop dots onto a white base. Now check it out.....



So this one is simple yet effective card! I think I actually like the second one more... What do you think?

Feel free to leave your comments, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

All the best, have a fab day!

Ingrid xxx

2 comments:

  1. Really cool card. Love your colour combo :-). Thanks for playing along at CAS(E) this sketch and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.