Monday, 14 April 2014

Congratulations Card using stencil & glitter paste



Hello there!

I hope you had a lovely weekend?

We've had a really productive one! Somehow we managed to squeeze a lot into those couple of days. Am I rested? No!! But hey.. the sun is shinning, the kids are in bed... good times! So I got to make a few cards that I'd like to share with you... and this one is made for the Virginia's View Challenge #2 (stencils).

I used a cream cardstock for the base. I sponged the mid area and the edges with the Walnut Stain Distress Ink, made splatters with water and stamped a script stamp by Prima all over the background. I took a piece of a dictionary page, tore it to the size and stenciled my rose with the green and the red glitter frosting  paste by GlitzCraft. The edges were sponged and curled and the piece was adhered to a piece of vellum. I curled and tore it here and there too. I stamped my sentiment with the same ink, cut it into a banner shape and sponged the edges. It was popped up on a dimensional tape, but I curled it a bit too. Here's another photo:


I hope you like it. :) There will be a couple of other cards today so keep an eye out and let me know what you think ;)

Thank you for stopping by! Best wishes,

Ingrid xxx


6 comments:

  1. Love it, Ingrid!! Excellent choice of paper ( Love that old dictionary paper) with the glitter rose and stem! Way to rock the stencil challenge by adding glitter to the mix! Thanks so much for playing Virgina's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Virginia! I used the Glitter frosting Paste by Glitz Craft, they are lovely to work with and are gorgeous. I'm glad you like it. Have a fab day!
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Ingrid! The dictionary page looks like it burned, and the glitter is perfect for contrast. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Ingrid,
    GlitzCraft here, the makers of the Glitter Frosting Paste you have used on your beautiful Card, we would be happy to post your Cards in our Gallery on our www.GlitzCraft.co.uk Website if you are interested. Look forward to seeing many more of your designs.. Well done Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mike! Thank you very much, that would be wonderful! I will email you the picture today. I'll let everyone know. I will be using the pastes in the future on my cards and in my art so will let you know should I create some masterpieces. ;) Thanks again and all the best!
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.