Tuesday, 29 April 2014

#ENCHANTING - tag



Hey!

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and Anna-Karin have a yellow in mind this week with their 'Not so Mellow Yellow' challenge. Yellow is one of my favourite colours so I jumped at the opportunity am going to join in. I didn't fancy making a card today so I decided to make a tag instead! You will find this very strange, but this is my first tag, ever! I don't know why, but I never made tags before. I had so much fun and I love how it turned out.

I used a corrugated card board as my base and tore top layer off here and there and distressed the edges. I cut an identical piece of a patterned paper by Prima (Jodie Lee designs, Fairy Belle Collection),
distressed and sponged the edges with the Walnut stain distress ink by Tim Holtz, stamped the script by Prima with my black Stazon and adhered the paper to my base with my Pebeo matte gel. I tore some of the edges off, distressed and curled them too and used a bit of Gesso on the exposed corrugated areas. My bright yellow Cosmic Shimmer watercolour came into play next. I let it drip a bit and splashed here and there. I used the same technique with the die cut swirls and the punched out flowers and my stamped sentiment (Prima). The idea was to create an enchanting fairy like tag to go with the theme of the patterned paper. They are all gorgeous btw! My pretty iridescent sequins in all sorts of shapes where added as centers for my flowers and also hidden in between the patterned paper and the corrugated board and behind the tulle fabric that I distressed with the Walnut stain ink. In the end I coloured a white ribbon with the same yellow paint,  distressed it with the same distressed ink and added an off-white lace and the pretty owl on a twine to finish the tag off. It needed something else so I added some yellow paint splashes and I was finally happy with the result. I hope you like it too! Here are some more pics for you...




Today is a special day! The lovely Papercraft Inspiration Magazine that I am featured in is out on sale as off today! Yay! So stay tuned, I will share my page with you later on so you can see what on earth I have been talking about for the last few days :)

Thank you for stopping by! All the best,

Ingrid xxx

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag! Love all the shimmery detail! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Mona! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh wow! Can't believe this is your first tag! It's so pretty and love it! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sandra! Many thanks for your sweet comment! Ingrid x

      Delete
  4. Fab tag, love all the little details :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fabulous tag. Love all the beautiful distressed elements and those flowers are wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanks for your sweet comment, Meihsia! I'm a big fan of your work! Best wishes,
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite stunning! Especially for your very fist tag! Great job :) Thanks so much for linking up with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Ingrid, this is so pretty! Love the iny textured background and all those pretty flowers. Enchanting indeed! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge in your Yellow challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much, Anna-Karin! It means a lot coming from such a pro! And thank you for joining me on Twitter! best wishes,
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.