Monday, 14 April 2014

Mothers Day Card - dry emboss + heat emboss combo!



A last but not least here's my third card for today. I made this card with my dear Mummy in mind and she will be getting this card for a mother's day.. this year.. on 8th May (Mother's Day in the Czech Republic). :) If you are reading this, Mum, I hope you like it! I will treat you as soon as you arrive! We can't wait! Love you, my sweet and gorgeous Mum!
I made this card using a new technique. I went over the flat side of an embossing folder with the Versamark Embossing pad, inserted my card into the folder, ran it in the Cuttlebug, removed, sprinkled my clear embossing powder on and heat embossed. This means only the flat areas of the pink card got the Versamark on and therefore the raised area stayed dry embossed only. Fun, hey! I have been making cards for about a year now and out of the tons of techniques out there this is the first time I have tried this one... I have seen people using ink pads, but I haven't seen an embossing ink being used in this way. It has probably been done, I don't know, but the idea popped into my head and thought I'd try it. I love the effect! Do you? I will definitely be using this technique more often. Oooh, I just had an idea! Wouldn't it be fun to try a coloured cardstock and a white or a coloured embossing powder? It could be a nice effect for a monochromatic black and white card. I might try it...


As I have tried a new technique and the Lawnscaping Challenge Blog is running exactly that challenge right now I shall be participating.

I think this card is very feminine and delicate looking. I also stamped and heat embossed the coordinating butterflies and added some white pearls. I stamped the butterflies with my black Stazon inside the card. Sometimes I don't like sentiments on the front and this is one of those cases. Here are some more pics for you:



 The sun came out as I was taking the first (main) picture so you can see the pretty shine. This is such a pretty embossing folder. It came with the Papercarft Essentials issue #104 and this is a second card I made with it. You can find the first one here.

Feel free to leave me a comment, I'd love to her from you. Bye for now!

Take care,

Ingrid xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.