Wednesday, 23 April 2014

'When you can tell your story...' - art journaling

Hello there!

I hope you enjoyed the Easter break. If you read my last post you'd know about the horrors I've been through over the Easter holiday and why I have been so quiet. Which reminds me that I also need to catch up on altering my mini playing cards... I will be doing that today so that's something to look forward to.

I have been doing a lot of sketching of faces lately , whimsical, dreamy, realistic and weird :) one of which is this pretty lady. I quite liked her so I decided to paint her on an art journal page. If I am honest I think I liked her more when she was just sketched and I have had her for a couple of weeks thinking do I like it, do I not..., but I am going to share it with you anyway so you can see the difference and the massage behind it is more important. I wrote ... 'When you can tell your story and it doesn't make you cry, you know you have healed.' I think it is self-explanatory.


The background was made with my brayer when I was doing some monoprinting for my cards. You can find the post about it here.  I painted her in acrylics and highlighted some areas with Big Brush pens and my Artist pens by Faber-Castell.



I have another project lined up and that is a canvas so more work and drying time required. I will show you a new method of creating texture, something I thought of whilst crafting with my little one. There will be heaps of texture and I really like the concept so hopefully it will turn out how I've imagined it. I also fancy making some grungy tags and plan to knock up some cards for a few challenges too so stay tuned! I have missed out on crafting in the last few days and intend to catch up so there will be a LOT of crafty goodies coming up! I can't wait to get stuck in!

I will have a super-exciting news for you in the next few days which will materialize at the end of this month (29th precisely) so keep an eye out on the upcoming posts!

Have a great day! I'm off to create something!

Thank you for stopping by,

Ingrid xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.