Tuesday, 15 April 2014

'You create your own opportunities...' - art journaling



Good morning!

Do you remember the recent post about how to transfer a newsprint the right way round? If not, you can find it here. The art journal page I used for the tutorial is now finished so I thought I'd share it with you. My art journal is my playground. This is where I get to play with colours, textures, techniques, new supplies, new tools, try new things, new ways of creating... sometimes I like what I've made and sometimes I don't as much, but art journaling is not about trying to impress (well, maybe a little ;)..), but mainly about jotting your thoughts and feeling down and relaxing through art. I find it really therapeutic to journal. I can do what I want! This page is very much about it... I didn't want to think about what I was doing.. there's not much thinking I can do at the end of the day anyway... the kids went to bed, Greg watched some 'manly' movie that I was not much into so I decided to loose myself in my own world of craft. I played with the diluted Dylusions ink sprays (Calypso Teal & Pure Sunshine - I think I'd prefer the Lemon yellow in this, but I haven't got one...yet!:) ), doodled, sprayed more and used some watersoluble crayons which got smudged, a bit of gesso too, added the glitter paste by GlitzCraft (baby blue, I like to scrape it against the dry wall tape, it somehow feels good!) and just let it happen. It looks like a real mess, but I like it. It's my organised mess. I wrote: 'You create your own opportunities. Make it happen!' as a reminder to myself. Here are some more pics for you:







I hope this inspired you to get creative regardless of your ability. Just go with it, have fun and unwind!
Feel free to let me know what you think...

Have a lovely day! Best wishes,

Ingrid xxx

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely Ingrid and is no way a mess! You gave totally inspired me.. Thank you 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'est très joli, j'ai beaucoup

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.