Tuesday, 13 May 2014

Altered Mini Playing Card - week 20



Hi there!

This week I'm very much in love with a green and light blue combo! I wanted this little card to be full of texture and shimmer. I used a gauze, glitter pastes by Glitzcraft, stamping with a script stamp (Prima), some sequin stars in combination with green Dylusions and the blue and green Cosmic Shimmer iridescent watercolour paints. I used a tiny bit of the Walnut Distress ink to sponge the edges. I added a tiny bit of doodling around the edges too and wrote 'Live' within in (Live and let live sort of thought...). Somehow this card reminds me of an underwater world I'd like to loose myself in :)
I do miss diving so much! So far I can say that the best diving and the most beautiful underwater world is in the stunning Bahamas! It's to die for! I'm sharing a photo of me diving below... Look how gorgeous and clear that water is...this picture was taken with an underwater camera during our dive in about 15 - 20m deep water. It's as clear as up there! I have some others on an external drive which I don't have to hand right now so you don't get to see the yellow tale snappers and the gorgeous huge parrot fish that we got to feed, but you get a picture of me instead... I'm smiling here, btw :)


I hope you like my little altered card. Feel free to comment, I always like to hear from you. If you are a new visitor of my blog and want to know more about my altered playing cards then you can find them all here, feel free to have a browse around my blog posts and if you like what you see, don't hesitate to hit the 'Join with Google' button so you don't miss my future posts.

And because I'd like more people to see my weekly Altered Mini Playing Cards I am going to enter this one to the Anything but a Card challenge over at Simply Create Too! Fingers crossed ;)

Thank you for stopping by, have a fab day!

Ingrid xxx

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful under the sea ATC. Totally captures the essence of your photo too. Thanks for hooking up at Simple Create Too, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Maria. I'm so glad you like it! It may look like an ATC, but it is an altered playing card. :)
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love your altered mini-playing card--your colors DO look just like the ocean's colors! Very glad you joined in the Simply Create Too "Anything But a Card Challenge" & hope you enter our next challenge also.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks, Diane! I'm very glad you like it :) Ingrid

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.