Saturday, 24 May 2014

Altered Mini Playing card - week 21

Happy Saturday!

I hope you are enjoying your weekend so far? As always we're having some family time, craft, shop, go for an outing... we're off to a fair tomorrow, Isabella can't wait to have a go at the bouncy castle! I'm keeping my fingers crossed so it doesn't rain.

If I'm right it is now week 21, nearly the end of it to be precise and I still haven't shared my next altered playing card! Well, better late than never :)

This one has a lot of colour as well as texture.. I scattered and embedded some pink and red sequin hearts into my gesso base and spray painted it with fuchsia pink dylusions. I cut out the red heart out of a book page covered in a mixture of Pebeo semi-gloss Bindex and a red acrylic paint and added black shading around it with my black Reeves watercolour crayon. Small colourful accents were added with yellow and light blue
pigment ink daubers and embossed these with a clear embossing powder. Why? Well, because the blooming pigment ink daubers never dry...ever! You know the saying ...'you get what you pay for..?'... In the end I stamped my wording and the script, doodled with a white Posca pen scraped a bit of my red glitter frosting paste by GlitzCraft for a touch of sparkle.

I hope you like this colourful little card. Have a great weekend!

Ingrid xxx

2 comments:

  1. Do Much Added To This Little Project Can't Wait To See What You Make For Us So Different From The Team But A Fresh Of Breath Air

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Sue! Thank you, I'm going to start on my card this weekend so you'll get to see it soon! I'm really looking forward to the next month's challenges at Crafty Catz!
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.