Friday, 9 May 2014

CAS cards using a border stamp - #1



Hi there!

Happy Friday, everyone! This week has whipped by!

The Lawnscaping Challenge blog are asking us to create our own background with stamps so I'm in! Less is More colour challenge is nearly over and I'm joining their 3 colour challenge at the last minute, because I have made a couple of cards yesterday that fit the challenge and I'd like to share the simple beauties with you. I will post about the other card separately so that I can pay special attention to each one.
This one was made using Memento dye inks (Love Notes, Tangelo & Dandelion) and the Classic Borders stamp by Recollections. I repeatedly stamped one of the borders onto a 5 1/4" x 4" white card to create my background. I cut two strips of a black cardstock and adhered the to the two sides of the panel to create a tiny border. I angled the panel over my white base (5 1/2" x 4 1/4"), stamped the sentiment onto a white card (Avery Elle, Petals & Stems sentiment), I cut a slightly larger piece of a black cardstock for matting. I cut my corners each time holding the two together and adhered them together and sliced a tiny bit of each black corner to make an even stripe all around. This was then added to my card. I wanted this piece to be quite big, almost like a banner to 'really say it'! It's a simple yet bold and effective card. I hope you like it!

I will be back with my second card so keep an eye out!

Thank you for stopping by!

Ingrid xxx

8 comments:

  1. What a pretty card Ingrid!
    Thank you for joining the Less is More Challenge this week
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that I'm so late in visiting this time, but a new laptop has taken a little time to set up and get to know!!
    This is a fabulous creation!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chrissie! No worries, thank you for stopping by and for your kind comment!
      Ingrid

      Delete
  3. Another gorgeous card! I really like these colors, too! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! beautiful background!! and i LOVE the tilted panel! the colors you chose are so lovely! i LOVE the bright pops of color against the white and black accents! thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks, Samantha! very sweet of you. Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.