Friday, 9 May 2014

CAS cards using a border stamp - #2



Hey there!

Here's my second card for today that I intend to enter into the Lanscaping Challenge (Build Your Own Background) and into the Less is More (3 colour/3 shades colour challenge).

I have taken the same stamps - a 'Congratulations' stamp by Avery Elle (Petals & Stems) and the 'Classic Borders' stamp by Recollections. This time I used the Teal Zeal, Pear Tart & Bahama Blue Memento Inks and a slightly different stamp to create my background.

I cut this card 5 1/2" x 4" to fit my standard white base card and cut a 1/4" black card strip to accentuate on the opposite side to my sentiment that I stamped onto a white card and matted onto a black cardstock. I cut the corners to give it a label shape and used a black string to thread through. I put everything together with my Anita's tacky Glue and the simple and gorgeous card was here! I considered using some black rhinestones or pearls, but decided not to as I didn't want to take the attention away from the beautiful background. I really like this colour combo and hope you agree!

I have a few things planned for today that I will hopefully be able to share with you tomorrow so stay tuned!

Have a great day! Thank you for visiting!

Ingrid xxx

10 comments:

  1. Another colourful creation Ingrid, lovely stamping!
    Thank you for joining the Less is More Challenge this week
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Anne! I'm glad you like it. Ingrid

      Delete
  2. Another superb one Ingrid, what great stamping!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Chrissie! Ingrid

      Delete
  3. Great background!! I really like the colors that you used! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elise! Thank you, I'm glad you like it. Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yes - another stunning card!! these colors are awesome!! totally one of my favorite color combinations!! love love love! thanks (again!) for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanks for your kind comment, Samantha! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing background, the stamping is just perfect!
    Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, Yainea! Ingrid

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.