Wednesday, 21 May 2014

'Dreams' - mixed media art

Hey there!

I hope you are having a nice day? I had a bit of a craft up last night as I got really lucky and the baby wasn't as demanding as usually and finished it this morning. I was really feeling it and wanted to create something a bit more special so I pulled out my broken picture frame (the glass smashed, I kept the backing and the white frame..I think I'm turning into a hoarder, everything 'could be handy one day'...) and used the backing piece with the stand for my art.

I started creating a collage with the gorgeous fairy Prima paper pack and my Pebeo matte gel and added some white paper doily to the mix. I used a bit of dry gesso to smear around the edges and over the seams of my paper collage. I pulled out my beloved Big Brush pens and used dark orange, red and brown to scribble on my craft sheet and used a baby wipe to apply teeny bit of the colours to my background and created some splatters. The Walnut Stain distress ink was used a lot here... I used it to sponge around my edges, to stamp with the Hero Arts and Papermania chronology stamps on the background, the handmade flowers and the birdie (also Prima) out of the same Prima paper pack got a good distressing too. Talking about embellishments... I had some Tim Holtz large clock die cuts so I heat embossed it with my bronze UTEE as well as my Golden (more like brass to me...) embossing powders with a dash of an ultra fine gold glitter. I did the same with the Tim Holtz metal wings, the Chronology cogs and some metal flowers I had to hand. I was experimenting earlier with some stamping with my Big Brush markers in the same colours and it didn't really do what I wanted it to do, but it resulting in having some pretty coloured baby wipes. I stretched and tore them and used them with some gauze as a base for my clock and other embellishments. It added just a right amount of texture and colour.
If you have been following my work you know I LOVE to combine grunge/distress with glitz/shine. I love the contrast that it creates. Is there a name for this? I know some people create 'Happy grunge' which is distressed look using bright colours... if anyone knows what it this that I'm doing here then please tell me! Until someone comes forward though I'm going to call this technique a 'Glam Grunge'! Nice! I like that! Grungy + glitter = Glam Grunge! Agreed? Good!
So here goes the fun bit... I used the gorgeous Sand Glitter Frosting Paste by Glitz Craft to go over the edges of the background, here and there and over my handmade roses. I used a bit of dry gesso on the mulberry roses instead. Wow, right! I love this colour! It's like very light gold, stunning and possibly one of my favourites! So here we have it...

 






What do you say to that?! I think it'll do ;) 

I'd like to enter this piece into the following challenges: 

A Blog Named Hero - You're the (em) Boss! - embossing
Lawnscaping Challenge - Distress Mania
Stamping Sensations - Anything Goes

Thank you for taking time to visit! Have a great day! 

Ingrid xxx

12 comments:

  1. Love that UTEE! You've achieved such beautiful texture on this. Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~ Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely creation Ingrid and all so lovingly embellished.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an absolutely stunning creation, the UTEE looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much, Josie! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just fabulous, Ingrid - glam grunge is definitely the right name! Love the texture and rich colours that you have combined - gorgeous work. Thanks for sharing it with us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah! Many thanks for your sweet comment! Best wishes, Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning piece of work!! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous Ingrid!! Love all the embossing and the fabulous elements. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thanks for your kind comment, Anna-Karin! All the best,
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely creation!!
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.