Monday, 19 May 2014

Glammed up tote



Hi there!

Do you like DIY and upcycling? If so, look no further!

Mike and Leona from Glitz Craft have asked me to decorate a pretty natural coloured tote using their glitter frosting pastes and their gorgeous stencils. I thought...what a brilliant idea! I immediately starting brainstorming and came up with a design. I won't share this tote with you just yet as it is not finished, but I wanted to share this black one with you. I pulled it out of my wardrobe where it was sitting unused so that I could test stenciling on fabric and to see how easy it would be to mess up :) However, I have found that it is as easy to stencil on fabric as it is on a paper! I'm impressed! It is the same process and it dries swiftly and if you give it a little blast from a heat tool it dries within seconds which speeds up the process massively. I have some photos for you...






What do you think? It used to be such a boring tote and now look! All the gorgeous colours and the GLITTER!!! Yum! I wish my camera took an exact photo of how it looks in a real life, it is so much prettier. 

I layered two stencil - Wildflower and Dragonflies and used light and dark green pastes and baby blue and turquise for the flowers and purple, lilac & fuchsia for the dragonflies. 

It'd be a shame not to show this off so I will enter this tote into the Simply Create Too 'Anything But a Card' challenge and hope they like the glitzy prettiness :) 

I'd love to know what you think so please feel free to leave a comment below. I'll look forward to that. If you a newbie to my blog then hit the Join with Google button as I have some much more in store for you! Don't forget, I'll have one more tote for you soon, a little bit of a different take on this, so keep an eye out! 

Thank you for stopping by! 

Ingrid xxx 



8 comments:

  1. Ingrid: I love your tote--beautifully created! Very glad you joined in the Simply Create Too "Anything But a Card Challenge" & hope you enter our next challenge which starts this coming Friday [May 23rd].

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Diane! Thank you for your sweet comment! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly like the "glitzy prettiness". How fun to walk around with that instead of a plain black bag. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is a beautiful bag! You did a fantastic job. Thank you for sharing it with us at Simply Create Too.

    Hugs, Melissa DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks for your kind comment, Melissa! Best wishes,
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your glittery tote! Fab idea! Thanks so much for playing with us at Simply Create Too! I hope to see you there next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many thanks for your sweet comment, Cornelia. Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.