Friday, 2 May 2014

'It's Your Day' card



Good morning!

CAS(E) This Sketch challenge no 74 is here! Yay! I'm loving the sketch this time! I love clean and simple cards and this sketch gave me an instant idea...

I simply tore a large posted note and applied one on the bottom part of my card and one on the top leaving a slim strip that I went over with the Pearlescent Lime Brilliance Ink (sponged), then moved the top posted note a little higher and went over the area, then moved it again and did the same. This is how the ombre effect was created. I added a little twist though - prior to sponging my ink on the white card base I mixed some clear embossing powder with an ultra fine iridescent glitter in a separate pot and once the ink was down I added this mixture to it and heat embossed it. It gave it the extra sparkle. The sentiment is die cut out of a black glitter fun foam sheet using the 'Birthday Wishes' Cuttlebug die cutting plate. As you know me, if sparkling then all the way! I added some iridescent clear sequins in different sizes and it was done! A very simple yet effective one layer birthday card. I hope you like it and hope you have fun creating your own ombre effect using this super simple technique! I really like this lime, white and black colour combo! Here's the sketch we are to follow and the card...


I intend to enter this card into the following challenges:
CAS(E) This Sketch - sketch shown above
Simon Says Stamp Wed Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - Anything but a square
Inky Impressions - Anything Goes

Thank you for visiting, have a great day!

Ingrid xxx

10 comments:

  1. Ingrid, this is spot on :) I love the effect you created with ink, embossing powder and glitter, I must try it!. Black sentiment suits well, it of course makes your card stand out. Just a few sequins are icing on the cake. I love this.
    Thank you for joining our Crafty Catz Challenge :) Good luck.
    Annemaritta - GDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annemaritta, what a pretty name! Thank you for your kind comments, I'm so glad you like it. Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is fabulous! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks, Leigh! Best wishes,
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! I love that cut sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you very much for your sweet comment! Ingrid x

      Delete
  6. What a fabulous CAS card. Love the design. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Nina! best wishes,
      Ingrid x

      Delete
  7. great card. i love the CAS look and great take on the sketch! Thank you so much for joining us in our Anything but Square challenge at Crafty Catz !
    Mirella DK
    DT Crafty Catz challenge – Cute and Crafty Cards by Mirella

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Mirella! Best wishes,
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.