Thursday, 1 May 2014

My 'HI' card to all love birds on May Day!



Hi there!

Happy May Day! Have you been kissed under a blossoming cherry tree today yet? It's a must according to our Eastern-European tradition. A girl must be kissed under a blossoming cherry tree so that she stays beautiful for the following year and doesn't 'dry' out :) We also build a tall wreath structure called 'majka' and if I remember correctly, it represents crowning of St Mary with flowers. If you are interested in reading a bit more about today's traditions around the world and how the world celebrates the International Workers' Day and in my good ol' country's case the 'Love' Day, I have taken the liberty to find you a Wikipedia link and the Czech version here.

So here's my card saying a little Hi to you all on this special day! It is made with something you probably don't reach out for when it comes to cardmaking... a patterned tissue paper! I have used my Xyron sticker machine to apply an even layer of stickiness to a white strip of a cardstock and adhered the gorgeous tissue paper to it to create my custom patterned paper that can be then actually used in cardmaking. I cut the strip into two strips, adhered it under my die cut white panel and popped it up on some dimensionals onto a white base card. I also die cut a ring and my sentiment out of a black card, adhered it over it and applied a coat of Glossy Accents. This is a fantastic way of using a gorgeous tissue patterned paper minus the wrinkles when gluing it down! I mean, how many times did you come across a gorgeous tissue paper and thought of using it, but decided not to knowing you would be disappointed with the result after gluing it down. It is too thin and fragile to use with a normal glue or even a collage glue hence I am sharing my tip with you. Try it! I hope you like it!

I'll be entering this card into the following challenges to see how much 'love' I get back ;)

Simon Says Stamp Wed Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
That's Crafty - Black & White with a Splash
Simon Says Work It - April 2014 - Patterned Papers

Thank you for stopping by! Don't forget to leave some love in the comments below, I always like to hear from you!

Ingrid xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.