Tuesday, 6 May 2014

My take on Kristina Werner's card

Good morning!

The sun is shining again and just that brings out the happy in me!

A Blog Named Hero's current challenge is Inspired by a Hero Artist which makes me very happy. Why? because I recently recreated two cards inspired by my 'muses' (Darlene DeVries & Jennifer McGuire) for another challenge and was going to make a third one (this one), but didn't have time and missed out! So I was pleased to find out that I was able to show you my card inspired by the queen of cardmaking, the one and only Kristina Werner! I have been following Kristina's videos on youtube since my first cardmaking attempts and would watch one after another soaking up the techniques and learning about cardmaking tools. So, thank you, A Blog Named Hero! I'm joining in!

Here's Kristina's video and the card that I have recreated:



My card was made the same way, only I
wanted mine to have a spring/summer feel to it so I chose to use brightly coloured Lily Rose (Summer's Day) patterned papers (The free gift that came with the June issue Papercraft Inspirations Magazine (very pretty!). I'm yet to use the stamps.). I also used a white cardstock under my yellow paper and then glued it to the vellum, reason being - I use tacky glue and the paper was looking flimsy and wrinkled a bit on top of the vellum and when you are aiming for perfection recreating Kristina Werner's that's a big no no! :) The yellow paper was sponged around the edges with my dandelion yellow memento ink. I chose to use a scallop circle die on the left hand side and a white die cut sentiment with a coat of Glossy Accents on top instead. It needed something else so I added the pale teal bow with a yellow matching button on a glue dot. Here's the masterpiece:



So, experts, what do you reckon? Will it do? ;) Anyway, I hope you like it, I had a great fun making it.

I intend to enter this card into some other challenges, as it looks just right for them...

Simon Says Stamp Blog  - Work It Wed (Patterned papers)
That's Crafty - Spring is the air

Thank you for stopping by! I look forward to reading your comments! Best wishes,

Ingrid xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.