Thursday, 15 May 2014

One potato, two potato...

Hi there!

My card no 2 today.. made with the same potato... eeeer... I mean a 'stamp'... no, I haven't lost it... well, at least not totally... I mean, I used a potato to carve a flower, a leaf and a tiny flower out of it and used DYLUSIONS sprays. I have written more about it in my first post today. The Craft Stamper Magazine's Take it, make it May challenge is all about stamping with carved potatoes so I thought I'd join the fun and made three cards, all being made with different media.

My second card is made with
the same stamps only this time I prepared my background using Midnight Blue and Cherry Pie Dylusions, I splattered some water for the ghoasting effect and dried it. Next I put a little bit of Gesso on my craft sheet and used the stamps to stamp with the Gesso. Knowing the Gesso will take on the colour beneath it I stamped on the blue side and on the red side of the card. And this is what happened...



Nice, eh! This card started to look very much like art journaling so I went with it. I doodled with my black Artist pen by Faber-Castell and with my white Signo pen. The card needed a bit of something else so I used the artsy sentiment to go with the art journaling theme and added some clear tiny sequins to the center of my tiny flowers (this was sooo fiddly, but totally worth it!). I adhered the panel to a purple card base for contrast and it looks fab! Here's the finished card...

 


I hope you like it. There's one more card coming today so don't go anywhere just yet. Have a browse around my blog for more crafty creations. 

Thank you for stopping by! 

Ingrid xxx



16 comments:

  1. Just goes to show how far a potato can go. Amazing results! Thanks so much for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like this one too. Thank you for your kind comment, Ingrid x

      Delete
  2. Great make and a fabulous colour. Thanks for sharing with us at the Take It Make It Challenge. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is so striking .... what a fabulous effect stamping with the gesso. Thanks for playing along with the Take It Make It Challenge. Good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks, Linda! I love this technique ( Dylusions & Gesso combo), I had a great fun here! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  5. the depth of colour is wonderful. EE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanks, I'm glad you like it :) dylusions are just magic! Love 'em! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! I love the effect of the gesso over the Dylusions inks. Thanks for joining in with Take It Make It challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much, Shirley! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colours on the card, beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. In love woth this one Ingrid, beaaautiful!!
    Thank you so much again for joining in with the Take it make it challenge. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So stunning! Love the colors! Thank you for joining the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much, Riikka! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.