Thursday, 15 May 2014

...three potato... :)

...and here's my third card for today using the same carved potato stamps, but yet again using a different media, this time ACRYLIC paint. Here is my first card and the second card. Yellow and green acrylics were applied with the help of my handy brayer that created that fabulous texture. I layed blobs of yellow, green and white acrylic paint on my craft sheet and used the potato stamps to stamp with onto my prepared background. And this is what it looked like...



I liked the result, but it needed a little lift so I took the white Signo pen and doodled. All over! And it looked much better...


As nice as this background was I thought it was busy and bright and needed toning down again so I cut a 2.5" strip of vellum and wrapped it around it after embossing my sentiment with my WOW! embossing powder. This background is busy enough so I didn't want to add anything else. Here's the finished card...

 


I hope you like this one too! I will enter it into the Craft Stamper Magazine Take It, Make It May challenge as well and will look forward to some feedback from the experts ;) 

Thank you for stopping by! 

Ingrid xxx 


14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous background, love the white Signo pen on it, it really made the flowers pop! Thanks for joining in the fun at the Take It Make It challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! Thank you, Renee! Ingrid x

      Delete
  2. Love the bright colours you have used, thanks for sharing with us at the Take It Make It Challenge. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment, Elizabeth! Ingrid x

      Delete
  3. Another fabulous work of art ... and all from a potato!! Love the bright colours and the white gel pen really makes the whole thing 'pop'. Thanks for playing along with the Take It Make It challenge ....good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Linda! Best wishes, Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so fresh and seasonal, awesome.EE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Evil Edna! I like the name :) Ingrid

      Delete
  6. You're on a roll, Ingrid! You've certainly got a lot out of your potato stamps! The white Signo pen adds a delicate definition to the images. Thanks for joining in again with Take It Make It challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter and I had a blast with our carved potatoes here! :) thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful take on the challenge, adore the colour pop and the use of the white pen :-):-):-)
    Thanks for joining in with the Take it Make it challenge. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you like it, thank you for taking time to comment. Best wishes, Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fabulous take on the challenge! Thank you for providing so much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many thanks, I had a great fun! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.