Sunday, 11 May 2014

Va va voom!



Hello!

I have just made a card and just couldn't wait to share it with you. The entire card is made of one layer/base using three stamps, two inks and two small embellishments! Here's how...

I prepared my card base 11 x 4 1/4 inches, scored at 5 1/5 inches. I used a larger posted note to mask off the top of the front so I wouldn't get ink on the back piece (which is very easy to do! I got really annoyed the other day as I dropped my open ink pad on top of my stamped card when I was just about to finish it!).

I stamped the flower by Recollections (Formal Esque set) with my black Stazon then stamped again onto a posted note and cut it out so I could lay it over the stamped image. I did the same with the Avery Elle sentiment (Petals & Stems set) rounding the tiny corners. In the end I took my Rose Bud (Pink) Memento dye ink and the Recollections stamp (Classic Borders) and created my background over the masked areas. I finished the card with a couple of white flat back pearls.

I love how this glamorous looking card came together using one of my favourite colour combos (white, bright pink, black). What do you think?

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

CAS(E) this Sketch - sketch .... 
"Less is More" - One layer challenge
Crafty Catz - Black & White + 1 other colour

Don't miss another post! Join me with Google or sign up for email updates, if you haven't already.

Thank you for stopping by, have a great day!

Ingrid xxx

18 comments:

  1. Fab Card And Love The Paper Thanks For Sharing At Crafty Catz And Good Luck With Gdt Call

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Sue! :) It' all about stamping with this card! Thank you for your kind comment. Ingrid

      Delete
  2. Fantastic card Ingrid and perfect background ... I know what you mean when you work so hard on a card and then smudge it or drop ink on it. Grrr. An odd gem comes in handy sometimes!
    Thanks for taking part
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Sarah! I'm glad you like it. It depends how big your gems are! hehe... :) All the best,
      Ingrid

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card Ingrid thank you for joining us this week at CRAFTY CATZ
    Hugs Dianne xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is amazing! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much, Leigh! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ingrid what a gorgeous background you created!
    Thanks for joining the LIM one layer challenge
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your kind comment, Anne! Ingrid x

      Delete
  7. Great stamping Ingrid!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Chrissie! I'm glad you like it. Ingrid xx

      Delete
  8. hello fab card, great stamping, thanks for showing an interest in our GDT call at CRAFTY CATZ Good luck x carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thanks for your sweet comment, Carol. Best wishes,
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elegant card. Thanks for sharing it this week with us at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful creation again, Ingrid. You are right about glamorous look :) Btw, CONGRATULATIONS for being chosen Guest DT member for June! <3 You will love it.
    Annemaritta - Crafty Catz May GDT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very much, Annemaritta! I look forward to it! Well done yourself! :) Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.