Thursday, 15 May 2014

We love 'tatoes!

Hello there!

Isabella and I have had some great crafty fun here yesterday created backgrounds with carved potatoes and paints. I managed to finish one card this morning and would like to share the results with you. I will finish the other two later on so you'll have two more posts to look forward to, yay! :) This wasn't my idea... all credit goes to the Craft Stamper Magazine and their May challenge. They all seem to be peeling 'tatoes so I thought I'd join the fun ;)

Firstly, look at the masterpiece Bella created:


And here's one of my backgrounds: 



I started with carving the potato. I used my royal icing cutters to impress my shape into each half of the 'tato and then carved the leaf, the flower and the tiny flower. The background was made by spreading a thin layer of gesso on a white card, then stamped with more gesso. When it was dry I went over it with my bright pink, light pink and a yellow Cosmic Shimmer Water colours and sprayed it with violette mica powder mixed with water (my handmade shimmery spray). I tilted the card in the second photo so you could see the gorgeous shimmery effect and the yummy texture. 

 



As you can see I distressed and sponged the edges with my Walnut Stain distress ink, I added a lace, a ribbon and a natural twine, some mulberry flowers and my handmade paper flower that I went over with gesso and added a bit of colour with the same Cosmic shimmer paints and the badge as my sentiment, the gorgeous flower charm that came as a free gift in the Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine (June issue, Vintage sewing Charms). I thought the card was finished at this point, but I later added a bit of stamping too to adhere to the challenge rules so here's the finished card: 




And there it was... my potato-ish mixtravaganza was here! :) Us Europeans love the potatoes, but I think I love them even more now! What do you think? 

I'll be back with the other two cards later on so keep an eye out! 

Thanks for stopping by! 

Ingrid xxx 


14 comments:

  1. It is amazing what you can do with a potato! This is absolutely stunning. Thanks so much for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Renee! Isn't it just! I've had a blast here with them :) thank you very much,
      Ingrid x

      Delete
  2. Who knew a ptato could create such gorgeous things! Thank you for sharing with us at the Take It Make It Challenge. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Elizabeth! I'm glad you like it. Ingrid x

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous .... love the colours and the pretty pearlescent sheen gives a beautiful finish. Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much, Linda! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the texture on this.EE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanks! I love creating it :) Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the texture you achieved with your potato stamping! Thanks for joining in with Take It Make It challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ingrid you are amazing, living all your tattie projects :-):-):-)
    So happy you linkef them all up at the Take it Make it challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thanks for your kind comments, Tracy! We certainly had a good go and got a good use of that one potato... We don't tend to waste food or craft supplies here :) thanks again! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm lost for words! This is ingenious! Thank you so much for joining the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your sweet comment, Riikka! I very much love your work too! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.