Sunday, 22 June 2014

Altered Mini Playing Card - week 25



Hello!

What a great weekend we've had! Our little one turned three this past week so on top of her presies we treated her to an adventure to the local children's zoo and a picnic in the park. Poor little munchkins were so tired at the end of the day and so were we! I underestimated the amount of walking we were going to do and wore really uncomfortable shoes and am still suffering now! We all had a great time though so that's all that matters.

It's time for another one of my little altered playing cards. I can't believe we're pretty much half way through the year already. Where does the time go?!

This little card has a very earthy feel to it. I love the texture, the earthy colours...
they remind me of the depth of an ocean, hence the sentiment. I loved the background so much I decided to leave it as is. Sometimes less is more and after making this card I have a real urge to paint something abstract. This background was made with Gesso mixed with some clear embossing powder for texture, heated ad let bubble a bit. I played with green and blue Dylusions, a tiny bit of my green glitter paste as well as blue and green Cosmic Shimmer Iridescent watercolours. The edges were darkened by the Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

I hope you like this little card. Let me know in the comments below.

Have a good week!

Ingrid xxx


4 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning creation, love the design and colour combo...aNNie ♥
    The Journey is the Start



    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, Doreen, thank you!! :) xx

      Delete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.