Sunday, 29 June 2014

Altered Mini Playing Card - week 26



Hello & Happy Sunday!

I hope your weekend is going well?

Before I waffle on about my next altered teeny tiny piece of weekly art I have a question. What are your thoughts regarding leaving replies for your comments? My blog has been up for about 6 months and it has been great! I have made many new friends and interacted with many more which is always enjoyable. I always read and reply to all of them and it is fun, but it does feel pointless sometimes as I don't know if people actually get to read my replies. I know from my own experience I either forget to click 'notify me' or people just don't leave replies. Then when I do click 'notify me' I get the pleasure of getting emails with all other comments which have nothing to do with me. In all of the blog land in the whole 6 months I have found only 1 friend who actively replies to all of her comments. I have come to the conclusion that as much as I enjoy leaving replies to individual comments I am wasting my time a bit and therefore starting to think that I should stop doing it. I usually visit a blogger back if I get a comment anyway and leave a comment there which seems a more sensible option. It;s not that I'm lazy to leave one, I have simply noticed that people don't reply to their own comments and most likely don't get to read my replies. What do you think? Now onto this week's mini playing card.
You can see the previous ones HERE. I started with a gesso-ed background, played with some Dylusions, added splatters with my bright pink Cosmic Shimmer watercolour paint and stamping with my black Stazon and a Prima 'Book' stamp. I used a tiny lid and water for my 'ghoasting' technique here and there to add interest. The die cut is from the 'Damask' Cuttlebug set, sponged and stamped on with a Rose Bud (pink) Memento dye ink (same stamp). I made the flower by running a piece of vellum in the Damask embossing folder, brushed the raised areas with my Gesso, punched out the flower shapes, put them together and added the flower sequin. To finish the card off I added a few tiny black rhinestones. The blue glitter got there by accident but what's a bit of glitter between friends ;)

I hope you like my 1" x 2.5" altered playing card. Feel free to leave a comment to let me know and I will reply.... OR WILL I NOT??!! :)

I'd like to enter this into the following challenge:
Inky Impressions - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by! Have a fab week!

Ingrid xxx

10 comments:

  1. This is super weird Ingrid,I have been thinking the same thing since last night!! I think as you get more followers it does get hard,don't forget a lot of the comments are from design team members you have entered a challenge for,so they don't expect a reply!

    I think read every comment of course,respond if there are any questions ( I always check back if I have asked one) and leave comments on the blogs you follow or anyone else's that may have created a piece of work that you like. I find it's only the newbies like us that do respond to every single comment as it's all new to us and we don't have as many to deal with yet :)

    Well this is my view anyway Ingrid!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, Donna! I think I might just leave one or two saying thank you for all and as you say keep visiting back.. I'm going to try to set up a message in my comment section and stop responding to each! Lets be brave and quit it ;) lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha see now I have answered your answer to my answer!!! Best thing to do Ingrid, I am sure that fellow bloggers would rather us spend time on making nice pieces of art for them to look at rather then replying to everything :)
    Don't have to respond to this Ingrid, I shall 'see' you here or over on my blog when we post.
    Oh forgot to say,love your latest creation :)
    Hugs
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi from Australia Ingrid and what a stunning vibrant creation you have made....I love hearing from you but if you are like me MY ME time is important but I always love to let my buddies know exactly how I love what they make,,,,it's lovely to see your gorgeous work.. ♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for joining us at inky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fabulous Ingrid and such gorgeous colours.
    I admit to not replying to comments left on my posts as I always visit theirs and comment on their posts. I leave answers to any questions through this method too as I know most people will read their own comment posts.
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back again Ingrid, just wondering what are the dylusion colours you used here please....I tried to play with mine today but my colours turned out too blue...also most of my flowers are cut on my cameo and inked then curled with a special tweeZers then glued together...xx
    aNNie♥ .The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Ingrid for the information. Gosh I have never diluted the inks but will now as some of them are really strong in colour. No I did not use gesso but will next time I play with a mask as I am still learning how to use all of these wonderful goodies....I like to try something different and if you don't know how it never works out, so now I will try your way...many thanks.xx
    ♥aNNie
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful piece Ingrid. Early on I replied to every comment. I read every one, respond to questions, and followup with folks I have not previously met before in blogland. Many of the comments are from artists I regularly comment on their blogs. I don't think most people expect a reply, but it is lovely if time permits. Sometimes, I look for an email address if it has been awhile and chat with them that way. Hope this helps! Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Ingrid.
    This is stunning, the colours and textures are so beautiful and such a gorgeous flower too.
    Thank you for your lovely comment on my recent card and for becoming my newest follower. Your creations are wonderful and I am now following you too!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.