Sunday, 15 June 2014

Altered Mini Playing Cards - week 23 & 24 + Exciting News!

               

Hello! Me again!
You guys, I have just realised I haven't shared my altered cards with you! My last one was posted on 1st June! Ooooh, slack! Well, easily corrected, because I did make them, just didn't share them. So, maybe not so slack after all :) If you want to know more about my tiny 2.5" x 1" piece of art then click HERE. I also have an exciting news so read on...!


Week 23 (the red one) - I started with a gesso-ed background and embedded some star sequins into it, then sprayed with the Cherry Pie Dylusions, I added some dry wall tape too. I went over it, here and there with my Red Glitter Frosting Paste and my red and orange Cosmic shimmer watercolour paints for extra shimmer. The stamping was done with my black stazon using the 'Book' stamp by Prima and the tiny round stamp from the Lost & Found, 'Pretty' stamp set by My Minds Eye.


Week 24 - I simply took a piece of dictionary paper, punched out my butterflies & adhere it to the back of my playing card. I then stamped my tiny butterfly, sponged the endges using the Walnut Stain Distress Ink by Tim Holtz and did a bit of doodling with my white Posca pen. The wording is coincidentally from the My Minds Eye stamp set. I like the 'Western' style of this card for some reason.

These tiny cards are a great fun and a really good excuse to just create a pretty background for no particular reason. I like that. Do you sometimes create a background and work on it for a while and realise you don't actually want to put anything else on it? I'm a bit like that and I think it comes from my love for abstract art.

I also have an announcement to make! I have just found out that my Whimsical Fairy Houses got me in the Simon Says Stamp Designer Spotlight in the 'Magical' challenge!!!! Yay! This is second time my creation was selected out of all of the gorgeous entries and I feel slightly overwhelmed by it all! I am very proud and honoured! Thank you, I'm glad you liked my art journaling! I had a blast creating my whimsical fairy world! :)


Thank you for stopping by again! Have a lovely day! 

Ingrid xxx 

11 comments:

  1. Hi Ingrid,You have so much going on, love these cards, so different and 'arty'...but your altered hearts are amazing, so pretty and I could not choose the one I like best..lol...great work....
    Have a good day...xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janette! Thank you for stopping, I'm glad you like my creations. It means a lot, thank you! Ingrid x

      Delete
  2. Hi Ingrid, thanks for you lovely comment on my blog. Just popped over and wow what gorgeous artwork! Its a real pleasure to join your followers
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire! Thank you for stopping by! I'm pleased to hear you like what you see! :) Ingrid x

      Delete
  3. These look fabulous Ingrid. I looked at your fairy house and wow fabulous. You deserved a spotlight. Thanks for your comment on my blog and I am now looking forward to seeing more of your work
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine! Thank you so much! I have just posted some exclusive photos of the Royal Family along with another one of my cards... I hope you like them all! :)

      Delete
  4. Such gorgeous creations! Love the beautiful colors and textures you created. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Meihsia! I love you work too so it feels good to hear it from you! :) Thank you! Ingrid x

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your feature! Your projects are amazing! Love the beautiful texture! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much, Mona! Much appreciated. Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The total rubbish reaction should not be there. I was touching my screen for the selection altered cards so I could see some more when it put the x in the square. So sorry. Your cards are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.