Sunday, 15 June 2014

Altered wooden hearts for my girls



Hello and Happy Father's Day!

I hope you are enjoying your Sunday! Somehow it doesn't feel like a Sunday to me as my other half and the father of my two little girls is working! That's right, working, on a Sunday and a Father's Day! However, he is at an event that he organised and will be in a VIP room with Prince William, the Duchess, most likely their little one and Prince Harry so I guess it makes up for a lovely Sunday with our little family... I mean how many times in life do you get to be in the same room with the future King of England!! Amazing! I will not lie to you, I wish I was there..! So whilst it is raining and the girls are playing I got to craft! I got to finish my wall heart hangings for the girls.


Isabella will be three this week! I can't believe how quickly this time has passed. So I thought I'd make something pretty for her room. She's also going to get a big bouncy castle for the garden, happy days! She is a very girly girl and loves anything pink and shiny (She's my girl!), dressing up and she's constantly covered head to toe in 'pretties'. I think she will like her pretty room decoration. Of course, I couldn't leave Chloe' out so I made two. Isabella's heart is more Pink and Blue with a dash of Purple and Chloe's heart is more Pink and Purple with a dash of Blue. I wanted these hearts to be very light and the colours in pastels. It is more my 'Glam Grunge' than a shabby chic style, but that was the plan. If you have followed me for a while you will know that I love combining grunge with glitz. Here's how they were made...
It started with a 38p hearts bought at Tesco's in a sale. They were spotted by an accident and I knew right away that they would be great for altering. I already altered one... Black Altered Heart. So these also went from this...

... to this...
I covered the whole pieces in Gesso (3x), applied my homemade texture paste through the Wedding Invite stencil by GlitzCraft, added my handmade roses (Sculpey + Gesso - I managed to burn them a bit, but they were to be painted anyway so hey ho), the glass heart the swirl die cuts (came with a craft magazine) and my handmade cheese cloth flowers. All was adhered using my trusty glue gun.
The girls' names were created by the use of some old stickers from my stash. I had to shorten Isabella's name too. Oh well.



...and then...

I diluted a mix of a white and coloured Artists Acrylic Paint by Royal Langnickel and painted here and there leaving some white areas. I also used the script stamp by Prima and my black Stazon to add some interest. In the end I made black splatters with my black Posca pen and accentuated all edges with the Silver Glitter Frosting Paste by GlitzCraft. Here are a few photos for your eyes to feast  upon :) ...







I really enjoyed making these two hearts. I put my 'heart' into it as they are for my two loves. I feel blessed to have such gorgeous and smart two little darlings in my life and a big thanks for that goes to no one else, but their gorgeous father that has been working very hard recently to get his promotion. We are proud of you, Daddy, and love you very much!

I hope you like the creations I've shown you today! Feel free to leave a comment to let me know. Thank you for taking time to stop by my little blog! Before I say goodbye I'd like to mention that I would like to enter my altered hearts into the following challenges:

Simon Say Stamp Monday Blog - Paint
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog - Stencil It
Craft My Life - Anything but cards
Live and Love Crafts - Summer Garden

Now I have to say bye and get Chloe' to sleep for a moment whilst I tidy up the mess! :)

Have a lovely weekend! All the best,

Ingrid xxx



12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, they are lovely, any more in Tescos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sally! Tesco's started putting large boxes of mixed items by the toiletries section where you can find all sorts. Usually it would be times missing a lid or silly things like that, but they also put in stuff from other sections and this is where I found them. I also found a couple of sewing pin boxes that I intend to alter. I bought them a while ago so I don't know if they still have them.. I shop at one of their large 24hr stores.. You can created your own heart out of a cardboard or a MDF or similar if you can't find these ones. You can buy shapes online too or print out your heart in as size you like and copy onto a cardboard. Then the decorating process remains the same.. Thank you for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Ingrid,they are lovely,girly things are good!

    Had a nose through your blog last night,I am impressed,thank you so much for the stencil tutorial, I tried doing one today.....let's just say I need a sharper craft knife!

    Hugs
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna! Thank you for the compliment and for taking time to have a look around! I'm yet to find time to check out your blog.
    I'm glad you find it useful. You do need a sharp knife. However, you could make an cut and follow with manicure scissors as they are tiny and will give you a good amount of precision. Worth a try! ;)
    Take care, Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous transformation, Ingrid, so very special! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much, Lin! Best wishes, Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining my blog Ingrid, please put your name down in my candy you may win one of the three prizes, keep in touch..xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Annie! I've been so busy... I need to hop over soon.. Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This two heart are just like a dream! So beautiful!

    Thank you so much for joining the Live & Love Crafts Challenge! Hope to see you again!

    Big Hugs,
    DeeDee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ingrid....oh will need to go hunting for something to alter next time I pop into Tesco. :-) These are beautiful; a stunning transformation! Thanks so much for sharing with us at LLC.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, first of all, Wow! Your husband has or had a chance to meet Prince William and the Duchess so totally awesome!!!! I will say that is a good reason to be working on Father's Day. I live in the US but am such a big fan of the Royal Family. :D
    Ok, so now onto your beautiful heart wall hangings for your daughters. These are just simply gorgeous. I love how you altered these hearts, these turned out stunning.
    Thanks for sharing and joining us at All Crafts Challenge.
    Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.