Friday, 20 June 2014

Crafty Catz Challenge 'Stitches' - my GDT make



Hello, Crafty friends!

What a busy few days I've had. So much to do, so little time. On top of that it was my elder daughter's 3rd birthday!! She had a great time! She got a few little presies and a big Air filled bouncy castle for the garden so is one happy little girl! We're off to the zoo this weekend too so she will enjoy that I hope. I, on the other hand, would love to climb into bed and sleep for at least 48 straight. I dare to dream! :)

Now onto this week's challenge over at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog... Naomi, the DTM would like you to use 'Stitching' this week. Real or faux stitching, just get creative for your chance to win a fabulous prize...

3 DIGITAL STAMPS

...from our fabulous sponsor ...


If someone says stitching to me my mind goes wild, because I love sewing, embroidery, knitting and crocheting. They all use stitches, right? Which makes me awfully curious to see what you will come up with... 

I decided to design a simple flower that I could fill with my embroidery thread. So I drew lightly onto my front panel and pierced it first to make it easy to follow. When I was done with the flower I decided to take it a step further and did a bit of edge stitching on each side slipping a tiny sequin on each of my stitches. Yes, this was a bit time consuming, but I had fun. I adhered my front panel to a white card base with a dimensional tape and did the same with my embossed sentiment. 





I had such a relaxed time making this card, I made a half of it on my sofa :) I wanted to keep it simple to show of the pretty embroidered details. On the other hand I had the worst time taking the photos to capture the pretty shiny sequins as well as the whole front. This is why I had to take it laying flat! I'm so going to have a light box!! Well, I hope you like the card and feel inspired to get 'stitching' :) 

Whatever you decide to make I hope you have a great fun! Don't forget to visit the DTM's blogs for more inspiration, I can guarantee, you're up for a treat this week! 

Have a lovely weekend! I'll be back with some more crafty goodies soon! 

Happy crafting! 

Ingrid xxx 

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Ingrid and just love your stitched flower fabulous colour's have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, lovely Dianne! Thank you very much! This card just inspired me to do some more embroidery :) Ingrid xx

      Delete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous card, love this style too..it's just so beautiful......cheers, aNNie
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous design Ingrid the stitched flower is great.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ingrid, Oh wow, what a gorgeous card, love all the stitching, so pretty and the 'sparkle' is just gorgeous....
    Hope you and your family enjoy the Zoo, have a good week-end.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janette, thank you very much. We're looking forward to our adventure :) best wishes, Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ingrid, this is wonderful! Great design and idea!

    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Nick! Thank you, have a good one too! Ingrid x

      Delete
  7. This is gorgeous Ingrid,really pretty detailing on it.
    Re the light box, google how to make a home made one,it's really simple and does the job.

    Hope you are having a great weekend
    Hugs
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donna! Thank you, I plan to put something together soon as taking photos seems to be a pain in a ... :) I'll look it up ;) have a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your CAS card and the way you interpreted the theme of this challenge. This is a real 'step out of the box' LOL Have a nice week!
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna! Thank you, I'm glad you like it :) I hope you join in! ;) Have a good one too! Ingrid xxx

      Delete
  10. Wow! This is fabulous Ingrid and love the sparkly sequins, have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jac! Thank you, you know me, I can't leave the sparkle alone ;) Have a nice week too! Ingrid xx

      Delete
  11. Hello Ingrid..what a fabulous creations, Hope you had a fab weekend, hugs carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Carol! I'm so glad you like it :) Have a lovely week, take care, Ingrid xx

      Delete
  12. This looks great Ingrid. Love how you have embroidered the flower
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine, thank you so much, Ingrid xx

      Delete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.