Friday, 27 June 2014

New Crafty Catz challenge 'Anything Goes' & my GDT card

Hello, crafty friends!

Yay! It's Friday! I hope you've had a good week? I've had a busy one as always... check out my recent posts to see what I've been up to.
Friday brings a new challenge for you, lovely crafty people, and this time it's an easy peasy 'Anything Goes' challenge. You know what that means! You can let your imagination go wild and show us what you've been working on. So get creative and submit your work at the Crafty Catz Blog for your chance to win their fabulous prize that comprises of...


$25 voucher to spend at the 




"The Paper Nest Dolls are a collection of original artwork, all done hand, by Christine Young the founder. All artwork is unique and inspired by one of Christine Young's children and then turned into a rubber or digital stamp."

Isn't this great! Thank you, Paper Nest Dolls for being so generous!

I thought I'd make something I haven't done for a while and that is to make an interactive card! I love fun cards! If you've been following my blog for a while you would have seen my Double Window Shaker Card, my ROUND Double Window Shaker Card or this fun Magic Card. This time I decided to make a slider card and I had perfect stamps for it too. They came with the Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine, Oscar the owl & pals designed by Jennifer Ellory. I'm sure you will agree that they are adorable! 

I stamped my Oscar with the black Stazon and coloured him and other stamped matching elements in using my Big Brush pens (he's stitched up, he doesn't need to be 3D, I thought :) to make him nice and colourful. For my base I chose a lovely bright turquoise colour, matted with a pink and white papers by Docrafts. I die cut two scallop circles out of the white panel, cut through to make my 'tunnel', rounded my corners with my new Fiskars 2 in 1 corner rounder (where has it been all my life?!) and used a dimensional tape to build my interactive panel. I added some Glossy Accents to Oscar's eyes, my buttons and the flower centers.


 



Now I have you here reading this post I will share a tip with you on how to make a twine with any string or an embroidery floss, just like I made mine. You might know how to already, but here it goes... 

Take a long piece of string, hook it in the middle over a door handle (I do it on my microwave handle) and start twisting the two identically long ends together in between your fingers (just roll it) until it goes no further, hold the end of your twisted strings with one hand and use the other to pinch the middle section and bring your ends together and take it off the handle, hold them together and let go of your pinched middle section. This will start twisting on its own and you can now run your hand over your twisted bits to straighten it up and tie knots on each end. Ta daaaah! You have a twine! I do this with yarn too. It's a little but a handy tip. Any questions...just ask! 

Now hop over to the Crafty Catz Blog and check out the amazing inspiration for this week's challenge! Don't forget to leave some sweet comments for them too ;) I would also like to add that I am now the DTM for he next three months! Yay! Thank you for having me, Crafty Catz! :)

Thank you for stopping by, do come back, have a browse around my blog to see more artsy and crafty goodies and feel free to share your thoughts too! Have a great weekend! 

Best wishes, 

Ingrid xxx 





15 comments:

  1. Morning Ingrid, Love your fabulous slider card, so cute and well thought out...
    Hope you have a lovely week-end.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Janette! Thank you, I'm so glad you like it. :) Have a lovely weekend too! Ingrid xx

      Delete
  2. I love owls, they are so cute........ a very nice card, enjoy your weekend
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Oscar too :) Thank you, have a nice weekend too! Ingrid xx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous card Ingrid love the owl fabulous colour's and design have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dianne! Thank you so much, owls are cute. :) Have a lovely weekend! Ingrid xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Ingrid,oh my,this is one super cute little card,absolutely love that owl. You are great at making cards :)
    Hope you have a nice weekend planned
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna! Thank you so much, I'm so glad you like it. Cardmaking is great fun! :) My weekend will consist of food shopping, looking after the girls hopefully crafting :) My other half will be at Goodwood Festival working.. ah well :) if the weather's good I'll put the bouncy castle up for Isabella and maybe invite her little friend with mum around. Have a lovely weekend!
      Hugs, Ingrid xx

      Delete
  5. Love your slider card Ingrid, gosh not made one of these for ages, now I feel like making one...maybe on my list for tomorrow....your tip on the twine is a good idea, love it. It's great so many can share their skills and idea through blog land...thanks my friend....enjoy your weekend...♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Annie! Thank you, I'm pleased to hear I managed to inspire someone with my card ;) I'd love to see yours! Take care, dear Annie! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ingrid, this is so cute! I am a big owl lover too and I have to say that these slider card look like a lot of fun. I have to see if I can find some time to have a look into them and do one myself. Have to be back after my holiday to Prag and take a closer look at your other interactive cards too.
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Hugs Nick

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nick! Thank you! I'd love to see one!
    Have a great time in Prague! I hope my people look after you there! Take care! Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this card Ingrid, the colours really pop. Never made a slider card before but having seen this really must give it a try, have a wonderful week xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never made a project like this, this looks amazing and so much fun for the person receiving such card. Love the owl, so colorful. Have a nice day!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ingrid, first can I thank you for popping by my blog and leaving me such a lovely comment I really appreciate it. Ingrid this is absolutely fantastic I totally love that cute colourful Owl and what a lovely design this is one super card.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.