Monday, 23 June 2014

Precious - mixed media tag

Happy Monday!

I hope you all had a nice weekend? I was really feeling crafty this morning so instead of making one thing I made two! Simon Says Stamp Monday Blog and his talented DTMs have provided an amazing inspiration for this week's 'I ought to use this more!' challenge. If you haven't seen their gorgeous creations then you must visit....aaaah... So I thought to myself...well, what is it that I have been omitting to be creative with lately ? ...and then it hit me... my precious and gorgeous Big Brush pens! I used to use them all the time, but they've been neglected for a while. So I made a card and a tag. I will share the card with you in a separate post so stay tuned, but now onto the tag...

My tag is inspired by nature and I have used more earthy tones on it. I started by scribbling two tones of brown, warm grey and black on my craft sheet (Big Brush pens by Faber-Castell), diluting my scribbles with water and swooshing my watercolour card in it and drying it intermittently. This created quite a warm brown splotchy background. It is an easy way to create a watercolour-style artsy background for any project. This is what you can see behind the bird which was stamped on my card and on a dictionary paper. I also used the grass stamps. All stamps used are by Prima, including the background book stamp. To add colour to my background I used the Teal Zeal & Bamboo Leaves Memento inks and to darken it the Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I distressed the edges with my scissors too for a real grungy look. I made my roses using the Sculpey Accents in black colour, covered them in Glossy Accents and sprinkled an ultra-fine gold glitter. I also made my fabric rose using a white trim that I coloured with the same inks. All were adhered over a golden string. I worked a little on my sentiment and the ribbon too to make it all match. Here are some photos for you:






I hope you like my tag! I will be back with the card made using my Big Brush Pens so do come back to check it out later. 

I would also like to enter this tag into the following challenges: 

That's Crafty! Blog  - The Birds
That Craft Place - Anything Goes  

Thank you for stopping by! 

Ingrid xxx 



15 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation and lovely colours used...goodnight from Australia...♥aNNie
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie! Thank you so much! Good night to you too! :) Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag, I love the rich autumn tones of your colour scheme and the newsprint bird. Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks, Dan! Best wishes, Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. a beautiful tag Ingrid and thanks so much for your kind words over at my blog! Following you now too! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Rachel.. For joining and for your kind comment! Hugs, Ingrid xx

      Delete
  6. I am really drawn to the color and texture and your clever way of embedding text into the nest. Very charming tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm so glad you like it :) Ingrid x

      Delete
  7. great tag thanks for joining us at That Craft Place xx Stacey S xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your pretty tag... all of it too... I love the way that you have sunken the word precious... very nice... and the colors are yummy and delicious too... everything is perfect.. .Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment, Bonnie!! :) Ingrid x

      Delete
  9. A stunning tag. Never throught of using the Big Brush Pens like that - so effective. Thanks for entering it into the That's Crafty challenge - and good luck in the draw.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you very much, Deborah! I'm glad you got tuto learn new tricks ;) Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful tag. I love the distressed edges. And that flower! You did a fabulous job creating that. Love it! Thank you for sharing your tag with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.