Saturday, 7 June 2014

Teenage Boy Birthday Card

Hi!

How's your weekend going? Ours is nice and relaxing so far. I finally got to do a bit of crafting too so I feel satisfied. It's interesting how after a certain age the simplest of things make us happy :)

I needed to make a card for Greg's teenage nephew for his birthday... not an easy task as you can image. The boy is a smart cookie and loves music and plays a number of instruments already so I thought a funky music inspired mixed media card would be appropriate. I started by scribbling with
Turquoise and Indanthrene Blue onto a Hero Arts stamp (Square Background of nine solids), splattered some water and stamped & flicked above to create the watercolour background. I stamped with Prima music notes background stamp, applied a couple of types of washi tape, stamped with a Hero Arts star stamp, embossed some areas in silver, stapled and used some Tim Holtz number rub-ons. In the end I used the black Posca pen to make splatters and distressed the edges of both, my front panel and the base, with my scissors. The letters are my hand writing and just free-cut out of a glittery black fun foam. You might find some of this type of font on my art journaling, I thought it was appropriate for this card. The stars were punched out and heat embossed in silver. I adhered the front onto my blue base and was done!

I had the best time making it and worst time taking the pictures as it is hard to capture the shiny areas. So today you get not one but three photos! :) Here they are...






I hope you get the picture...hehe.. literally! What do you think? Do you approve? Feel free to let me know in the comments below ;) Thank you! 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges: 

Simon Says Stamp Wed Challenge - Father's Day/Masculine
Pan Pastel UK  - One for the boys

Thank you for stopping by and do come back soon! Have a lovely weekend! 

Ingrid xxx 


6 comments:

  1. Très jolie, j'aime beaucoup :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I'm sorry I'm replying in English.. I speak 4 languages out of which 3 fluently, but French isn't one of them :) my partner does so not to worry :) thank you for taking time to visit and comment. Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Ingrid :-) the whole design of this is awesome !! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SUPER COOL! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much, Karin! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.